Very slim radiator for in a narrow corridor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone recommend one?

It’s for a utility room under a clothes hanging rail and i’d like one that stays as close to the wall as possible.

Part of the room is a corridor that’s 84cm wide.

Thanks

02F922CA-2C00-4EA9-8E3D-0661516C1BFD.jpeg

C494695D-18C3-401A-A4A9-AB5BDB807721.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Looking at that a K1 might even fit if I go into the plasterboard a bit. Thanks :)

Barlo compact single convector radiators are only 75mm from the wall. I have a couple of round top convector rads in my house, bought them from plumbase I think, and they are only 70mm max from the wall. If you’re handy with a grinder or a file, you could modify the brackets to make the rad sit even closer to the wall.

https://barlo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Barlo-Compact-Brochure-Web.pdf

Sponsored Links
I might be able to loose another 20mm off that too.
73A2EE37-030A-4639-8660-3D160881922B.png

Would it be a problem for a radiator if the fins touched the wall?

It's all fun and games until you need to take the washing machine out ;)

I never thought of that!! I’d have to have the radiator not directly under the rail or I could move the rail accords. If I left 600mm I front of the washing machine and 600mm in from the door an 110m radiator would fit central on the wall.

i am assuming there is no room behind the door ??

No, that’s the downstairs toilet door.

Go the whole hog and recess it.

Ha ha!! I could warm 2 rooms at once!!

The rated output assumes the specified space behind for convection; it will be reduced somewhat if there is little or no gap. Which may or may not not matter to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back