Very small kitchen window replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at replacing a small kitchen window wood frame, with a new uPVC window.

The existing window does open, but i'm not too fussed on replacing it with an open type.

The external measurements brick to brick are 760mm x 370mm

Internal brick to brick is 730mm x 330mm

I know this is pretty small so would prefer to just order and fit myself instead of getting a company in to quote and fit a window so small

Where would be the best place to order online maybe, it only needs to be a budget window

Cheers Steve

Sponsored Links
If you can find a local window manufacturer I am sure they will be only too happy to make you it. You should probably drop a hint that you are going to get a price also from a rival firm to encourage a good deal from them because right now I'm sure they they will be glad of the work .

I know it’s a PITA but ALL replacement windows must either be fitted by a FENSA registered installer or notified & inspected by your LABC (fee involved). Building Regs. also require that replacement windows do not make the situation any worse in terms of ventilation or escape (admittedly escape might be tricky through a small window anyway). You need a certificate of compliance for the new window through either of the above routes but if you can’t produce it when you come to sell up, you could have problems!

AS DABZ says, a small local company will probably be grateful of the work right now but make sure they are registered or will obtain a certificate of compliance from LABC.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info

It may be best to get a local formto do it, my time and materials etc it may well end up cheaper for me anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back