Very Strange Problem (ferroli turns on and off depending on)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, I was at my mothers this morning and moved her fridge and dish washer slightly, maybe an inch to get something that had fallen down the side (without removing any plugs or hoses) since then her boiler will only turn on when I add slight pressure to the floor surrounding the fridge and washer. No other electrics in the house are effected??

The boiler is a gas ferroli and is located in a cupboard on the other side of the room, maybe 5 metres from the washer and fridge that I moved.

Has anyone ever had or heard of a problem like this, do you think I should call out the boiler engineer or an electrician?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sounds as if someone has made a dodgey electrical connection under your floor!

You dont say what the floor is made of.

It may be better if you lift the floor and see whats underneath.

Tony

floor is boards so fairly easy to lift, think there may be a trap door located in one of the other rooms that allows access to the complete underneath of the house, could this be dangerous if there is a wire fault?

If there is crawling space then I suppose doing anything under the floor could be dangerous depending what you have there.

The one rule is DONT go into a restricted space under the floor on your own!

Obviously you need to be reasonable fit and agile to manouver in a restricted space and you need at least two lights.

Tony

Sponsored Links
We had an equipment rack that shut down every time anyone walked past it.
Somebody had stacked a load of boxes in the corner of the room, and one of them was resting against the switch on the socket powering the rack. The floor flexed just enough for the box to move the switch rocker when you walked past the rack :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back