Vienna 4 column radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I am looking for a raditaor for my 4.5 meter by 2.5 meter conservatory and want to make sure I get one that will do the job. I found a Vienna 4 column radiator for sale which is 1400 by 600 and quotes a heat out put of 3600 watts or 12276 BTU. Would this do the job? Also there output seems much higher than comprable products on the market which only quote about 8000 BTU. Could they be pulling the wool over my eyes. I have done a google search and can't find that Radiator anywhere else. any help would be very much appreciated
Thx
bokkie

Sponsored Links
I assume the Vienna is a steel column rad and not cast iron.

Output depends on flow temperature, so they can bend the figures by working on a higher flow temp.

Sounds a bit high to me.

Yes it is steel. What heat output do you think is needed for my conservatory to be heated to a decent heat

Yes it is steel. What heat output do you think is needed for my conservatory to be heated to a decent heat

Wouldn't even have a guess at that question.

Depends how it's built and with what, etc, etc, etc.

Sponsored Links
The conservatory will have Planitherm glass the full 4.5 meter width from floor to ceiling. I believe the u value is 1.4. The ceiling will be Pilkington Blue with a similar u value. The side panels are the regular white moulded plastic Panels. The length will be 2.5 meters and the ceiling about 2.3 meters. I was loonking at a 4 column rad at b and q with a heat output of about 7000 Btu. Do you think this would be sufficient for the purpose or should I get something with a bit more? Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back