Viessman 100W / 200W with Evohome

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Unfortunately, recently my Icos Ideal HE15 heat only boiler started to have more frequent faults and I'm thinking it is time for it to be changed.

Heating system has recently been upgraded, September 2022, from Y-plan with vented cylinder to S-plan with unvented Gledhill 240l cylinder.

I'm leaning towards Viessman 100W or 200W system boiler and connect it to the Evohome using Opentherm protocol.

Please share your thoughts and experience

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
The 200W doesn't support OpenTherm, it's designed to be run using Viessmann's own weather compensation controls

I have learnt that today, after having conversation with Viessmann technical support.

I have 3 options available:

1) 200-W with weather compensation and Evohome as dumb system to open and close valves

2) 100-w with OpenTherm with Evohome, but Viessmann ViCare app does not work anymore

3) Different boiler

Please advise, what in your opinion, would be the best option to proceed

Sponsored Links
The V200 has WC and controls the whole house from outside, has combustion control but no OpenTherm.

The 100 has OpenTherm but no Vicare app or combustion control. They both have a stainless single pass large bore hex but with limited residual head.

Look for an alternative boiler then that has a remote control app, large bore 2 pass hex with high residual head, combustion control and combined OpenTherm WC.

I have the viesmann 100w b1kF combi with evohome with 11 zones operating on opentherm , installed May 2021. The vicare app does still work. I can see on the app modulation level, pressure in the system, fliw temperatures, gas consumption. The boiler does have auto combustion control similar tobthe 200w.

I have the viesmann 100w b1kF combi with evohome with 11 zones operating on opentherm , installed May 2021. The vicare app does still work. I can see on the app modulation level, pressure in the system, fliw temperatures, gas consumption. The boiler does have auto combustion control similar tobthe 200w.
Thanks, didn't realize that. Poop

My 2 year experience of my Viessman 100w Combi (B1KF) with Evohome on opentherm has been good. The boiler modulates down to 8% output (as shown by Vicare APP) when the evohome setpoint temperature for each individual room has been reached . Its a 35 kW boiler for hot water function and supposed to be 32 kW for heating . The 8% output , I suspect refers to 100% of 35 kW , I am not certain, still this would be a turn down to 2.8 kW , lower than the data sheet 3.2 kW . It is condensing reasonably well most of the time , the flow temperature drops to about 48 deg C when output is 8%. I have limited the cold start flow temperature to 70 degC, I have not optimised the temperature drop across the radiators of the house , so I suspect the condensing can be improved further.

I have the boiler located back of my loft space . The vicare app is very helpful as I can do an occasional check on the system pressure without visiting the boiler .

I have had 2 boiler services done now , with no issues . Everything was spotless when I watched the service guy open up the heat exchanger.

My only negative is the boiler heating comfort mode , which keeps a small volume of hot water stored at a target temperature to reduce time for heat to taps, this cannot be switched off when opentherm is connected (this is dumb Viessmann) . I would have liked to switch this comfort mode off to save a tiny bit of gas . I am able to adjust the hot water target temperature from the Vicare app. As a partial work around , when I am away from house on holidays or work travel, I just set target temp Hot water temp to 25 deg.

I did lots reach on combi boilers before I selected this one as replacement in 2021 for the Worseter Bosch greenstar CD 35II from 2007. The WB was reliable and I used with with the Evohome with on/off tpi control , for control of the WB it was all OK but little condensing .

I would have selected the Viessman 200w , as it had turn down to 1.9 KW , if it allowed opentherm which it does not.

I would probably select the same 100-W on turndown, but there is another good choices using opentherm, with stainless steel Heat exchange and combustion control , i.e Vokera

I'm no expert but you seem to talk a lot of sense, JCK1.
How's the Viessmann going? I'm currently tossing up between yours and. Vogue Gen 2 32kw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back