Viessmann 200 boiler, heat but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
Canada
hi all.

We recently installed a Viessmann B2HB 200 series boiler and a Viessmann vitocell indirect hot water tank. The heating side has been online and working for the last month. We commissioned the hot water tank yesterday, it worked fine for 24 hours. Now, when there is a DHW call on the boiler nothing happens. There is no fault on the boiler and it says the DHW tank temp is 5 degrees C, so it should be firing. The boiler fires perfectly for heating. We have bled and refilled the lines a few times to no avail. We have checked the time programming and every other conceivable setting as well.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

T.

Sponsored Links
I should add the DHW circulation pump is working fine.

Last edited:
Contact Veissmann Technical, they are usually (sometimes) quite helpful. Could be the servo valve is stuck in the CH mode. I suppose the "obvious" have been gone through, such as time clock actually calling for HW and HW set point actually set higher than current tank temperature, and that you're not on a 5+2 timer with Saturday being a "no HW required" mode.

Sponsored Links
Hi.

Thanks for the response. We checked the time settings, they are all correct, good guess though. Unfortunately, Viessmann tech support is closed until Tuesday here in North America.

Are U the installer?

I presume this is a 4 pipe setup?

We're any of the settings/codings changed when it was doing heating only?

if it is installed as a 4 pipe system code 00 will need to be changed from 00:1 to 00:2

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a general contractor and it is my project. The installer is on vacation. I had someone else look at it very briefly but he wasn't a Viessmann guy per se and there is nothing "obviously wrong.

How many pipes out the bottom of the boiler?

Are there 2 pipes that go solely to the vitocell cyl?

There are only 2 pipes(1 in/1 out) on the boiler, and then branch to the low loss header and the DHW tank. We followed the Viessmann piping diagram to the letter.

Coding needs to be setup to recognise demand from vitocell.
You will need the service instructions under commissioning
image.png

Ok. this may help explain what we did. And the really weird thing is that it worked fine for 24 hrs.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 5.27.18 PM.jpg

It's as above mate these boilers have many setup opinions.
They are not a fit to wall and turn on unit.
The codes tell the boiler what it is connected to how many pumps etc.
If the boiler is left at factory settings it will not fire for hot water.
You need to match the code to your setup.

We programmed the unit and had it working on the heating side for a month. We also with a call to Viessmann programmed the DHW side and it was working( perfectly for 24 hrs).
That is the crazy thing.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back