Viessmann or Worcester Bosch?

Very similar to " what van is the best" or "what car is the best". Both examples, have and will be causing disagreement for ever and a day.

OP asking "what boiler to buy" have no idea who's, who, and unfortunately there are far to many pretend experts who have the gift of writing convincing garbage.

People are still been bombarded with carp advice dished out by unqualified fools, but when installers bring this to light they are accused of bickering :confused:

I will not be stating my opinion on which boiler is best.

I have absolutely no problem with engineers / installers discussing the merits or otherwise of different boilers until the end of time. However when it becomes a match to see who can come up with the nastiest names to call each other this isn't helping the OP make their decision.

Of course if the thread doesn't involve an ordinary householder who's just made their first post to the forum, then claws out and fight to the death if you like!

Sponsored Links
If you bothered spending some time ,looking over previous threads that have turned in to a free for all, they all turned nasty when certain untrained, unqualified fools give their carp version, or they copy word for word from brochures and just keep cutting and pasting the same reply.

If you are a trades person surely you have seen the, plumber blaming the sparky, who blames the joiner, who blames the brickie, who blames the plasterer, who blames the painter, who blames the painter, who blames the plumber , who blames..................................
And if they meet on another job the banter starts allover again, funnily enough no one takes offence, its called humor. :)

Humor turns nasty when "Joe know noubt" starts bull ****ing and stirring thing up.

What ever you think you see on public threads, is seldom seen in CC, wonder why :LOL: :LOL:

id probably go for the WB over the 100, as previously mentioned the earlier models were trouble. having said that theyve had a rework, im still undecided. worth asking about the vitodens 200, in my opinion thats superior to both.

perhaps another angle for the OP to consider is parts availability, price of those parts and knowledge of the boiler from the people likely to repair it.

when either of them break down you are, IMO, more likely to get a speedy repair with the WB than you are the viessman. possibly cheaper too.

the viessman may have a lot of people scratching heads whilst muttering they have never seen one of these before.

just a thought.

Sponsored Links
and the 100 is almost exactly the same price as the 200, so if the 200 is better, that is surely the one to have?

I only got a 100 compact because I didn't want a combi or a sealed system, and wanted the simplest boiler with less to go wrong.

If you bothered spending some time ,looking over previous threads that have turned in to a free for all, they all turned nasty when certain untrained, unqualified fools give their carp version, or they copy word for word from brochures and just keep cutting and pasting the same reply.

Yes I do have to agree, there is one particular person that tends to appear just before threads degenerate into drivel.

I'd rather like to gaffer tape his hands together so at least he'd have to type slower :)

If you bothered spending some time ,looking over previous threads that have turned in to a free for all, they all turned nasty when certain untrained, unqualified fools give their carp version,

I quite agree,

Yes I do have to agree, there is one particular person that tends to appear just before threads degenerate into drivel.

I know what you mean. They should stick to changing bathrooms.

Notice how none of the bathroom changers have mentioned the importance of weather compensation. None of them know what it is.

Sad I know.

Sadly when specifying jobs and explaining weather comp, a lot of property's are not suitable for it to be installed and also a lot of the public are 'afraid' of too much technology. We have to fit what the customer wants.

Unlike you we cannot try to bully people in to fitting what we think is best, even we know more than you as per usual.

I always fit it where it is appropriate and the customer is happy to have it.

But then you BB, just because you google it and read up on it, do not understand it enough to realise that all property's are not suitable for it, because the brochures do not tell you this fact about the real world of installing, that you have never been part of, FACT :rolleyes:

Go and have another pro-plus tablet then you may get some energy to reply sensibly rather than the usual unknowledgable, dangerous and rude fool you normally let yourself be seen as :mad:

Really BB, can't find this in the brochures :eek:

If you had been on manufacturers training courses you would know ;)

Oh, I forgot, your not qualified so cannot attend them :LOL:

Don't give him the easy route DM :eek:

Let him use his favourite pastime of googling to find out :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back