Viessmann or Worcester Bosch?

Sadly when specifying jobs and explaining weather comp, a lot of property's are not suitable for it to be installed

What might these properties be?

Houses with differing levels of insulation (e.g an old house with a large modern extension) are one example.

I don't see why this type of building would not benefit from WC.
The greater the heat loss from the building the more important varying the output of the heat emitters to match the prevailing load as set by the outdoor sensor , thus reducing heat loss through the fabric of the building.
You would obviously set the curve for the "older" part of the building with trv's or a separate mixer valve trimming the output in the newer part.

Sponsored Links
Your suggestion assumes the customer knows and understands the issues here. Personally only 10% of my customers would understand how to set it up, and only half of them could be bothered for the ROI.

I think Big Burner is irresponsible with his obsession with Broag and weather compensation. WC is not some mystical high art, most of us have been installing it for years.

It isn't for everyone. Cruise Control is fitted to many cars, but it is seldom used. My Windows PC has thousands of features I will never use. Not because I don't need them, it would be just too boring to read up on them.

And if the majority of my customers feel that way about weather compensation, I completely understand.

I have to know about weather comp because that is my job. If they don't want it, so be it.

Blimey, I don't think I knew what I was getting myself into with that.

Thanks for all the replies. It is a straight decision between the 2, the missus is getting narked with me not booking someone already so I won't be getting any more quotes.

It looks like people lean towards the WB of the 2. That's going to cost an extra £200 but for peace of mind, I don't mind paying that little bit more.

Get a WB approved installer to do the installation. You will get a 5 year warranty included as standard then ;)

Sponsored Links
Blimey, I don't think I knew what I was getting myself into with that.

Thanks for all the replies. It is a straight decision between the 2, the missus is getting narked with me not booking someone already so I won't be getting any more quotes.

It looks like people lean towards the WB of the 2. That's going to cost an extra £200 but for peace of mind, I don't mind paying that little bit more.

Get the Broag. Avoid W-B for reasons given.

Go for the Worcester...... How many have given the thumbs up to the Viessman?? .......And who the heck mentioned Broag in the 1st place??Hes a nightmare and well worth ignoring .......He wouldnt know the difference between a parameter and an induction course!!!! ( Google away BB) Fitted WC for years and there are certain circumstances when they are a total waste of time to fit ... Nice to see you back btw BB .... When are we gonna see you in the CC?? RGI are you???? lol :)

op- get the worcester. im on my second. 1st was allready in my 1st flat. when we moved and gutted our new house a worcester combi was installed on the new system. 3 years on still no probs. house heats quickly and nice powerfull hot water flow. you get what you pay for. plus i hardly ever find myself repairing worcesters out on the patch. i see plenty but safety checks only. on th eflip, i never see viessmans or broags and woulndt know what to do with one if it bit me on the arse.

op- get the worcester. im on my second. 1st was allready in my 1st flat. when we moved and gutted our new house a worcester combi was installed on the new system. 3 years on still no probs. house heats quickly and nice powerfull hot water flow. you get what you pay for. plus i hardly ever find myself repairing worcesters out on the patch. i see plenty but safety checks only. on th eflip, i never see viessmans or broags and woulndt know what to do with one if it bit me on the a**e.

This thread has been taken over by unknowledgeable bathroom changers. This one can't even figure out how to fix a boiler unless it is a W-B. I'm sure weather compensation control is way above his head.

This is terrible. A man comes here for objective advice and poor tradesmen appear and advise outdated, expensive equipment because they have fitted them previously. Sad isn't it.

..and anyone who says a W-B is better than a Viessmann need his head examined.

And anyone who posts on here pretending to know what he is talking about when he has no experience other than manufacturers brochures and web sites needs to get a life AND his head examined, especially when the only posts that agree with him are those where he replies to himself under different aliases :eek:

Even sadder thing is BB couldn't even fit a bathroom :LOL:

op- get the worcester. im on my second. 1st was allready in my 1st flat. when we moved and gutted our new house a worcester combi was installed on the new system. 3 years on still no probs. house heats quickly and nice powerfull hot water flow. you get what you pay for. plus i hardly ever find myself repairing worcesters out on the patch. i see plenty but safety checks only. on th eflip, i never see viessmans or broags and woulndt know what to do with one if it bit me on the a**e.

This thread has been taken over by unknowledgeable bathroom changers. This one can't even figure out how to fix a boiler unless it is a W-B. I'm sure weather compensation control is way above his head.

This is terrible. A man comes here for objective advice and poor tradesmen appear and advise outdated, expensive equipment because they have fitted them previously. Sad isn't it.

you sir are a proper ****. im no bathroom changer or drain cleaner. neither are the other guys posting here. we at least have experience maintaning repairng and fitting central heating. you are experienced in cutting and pasting broag brochures inbetween the oerderlies administering your meds and changing your nappy. ther only advice ive seen you give was dangerous and illegal. why dont you just **** off.

kthxbai.

op suggest you do a search on bigburner and see what advice he gives out here.... he even conflicts between posts sometimes claiming wb boilers to be out of date and sometimes the other way. in my professional opinion, somewhat limited by only 10 years expereince admittedly :LOL: , the wb range is probably the best range out. greatflowrates and very reliable. expensive yes and sometimes expensive when they break, but like i said ive dont ofter have callouts to broken wb's.

op suggest you do a search on bigburner

..and you will get the finest advice available. I don't change bathrooms.

Probably unable to thats why, there is more skill in being able to install a bathroom to a high standard than to repair a boiler fault, of that there is no doubt.

As for the boiler Worcester Bosch every day of the week, i have installed hundreds and repaired none!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back