Viessmann Vitodens 050 No Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have one of these combi-boilers - two months old. Some time during last night the heating stopped working. Hot water still works. Pressure gauge shows zero.

Following the steps in the installation manual I closed the two heating valves, put the boiler into fill mode and refilled the heating circuit from the cold water feed (have a loop-back pipe) and got the pressure to 1.2 bar. Exit fill mode, opened the heating valves - pressure is holding steady.

However, still no heating - rads are all cold.

The outflow pipe to the rads is hot to the touch but I don't feel any vibration that I would expect from flowing water. Thermostat (Viessmann 100) is set to target of 27C and calling for rad heat (showing the rad symbol). Room temp is 16C. Wireless light on boiler occasionally flashes.

Both orange lights for rads and DHW are on.

I re-set the target rad water temp of 60C.

I re-paired the thermostat with the boiler.

The LCD display shows the tap symbol, a temperature (I presume the DHW temp) and an indicator at the bottom for I presume the gas. It does not show the rad symbol.

If I press the mode button it shows the rad symbol and "serv".

Any ideas what else to try? The manual isn't very useful and I couldn't find anything helpful about this particular boiler online. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Press mode
Scroll to service
Press ok
Scroll up to 100 press ok.
Let us know if the rads heat up.

Yes, that works! All rads heat up. After setting it back to 'off' the rads cool down again.

I can see that is just a test mode so I then checked the burner output setting and it is already on the maximum of 74%.

Yes, that works! All rads heat up. After setting it back to 'off' the rads cool down again.

I can see that is just a test mode so I then checked the burner output setting and it is already on the maximum of 74%.
Then it’s a controls problem

Are your controls wired or wireless.

You can use service mode as a temporary feature. Set it to say 40% when the house is hot turn it off.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. It's wireless control - Viessmann 100. The control unit shows that it is calling for heat, and the wireless light occasionally flashes. I also re-paired it with the boiler.

Call Viessmann they will replace the control.
Tell them the model of the control to make sure they have one on the van.

Alternatively contact your installer.

If you were my customer I’d be getting a temporary control in for you until Viessmann attend if I didn’t have the correct Viessmann control in stock.

Many thanks for the replies. The installer company is closed until Jan 2nd. :(

Many thanks for the replies. The installer company is closed until Jan 2nd. :(
Call Viessmann depending on area it’s usually next day call. But could be longer this time of year.
What area are you in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back