viessmann vitodens100

pez

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a 3 year old vitodens 100 suddenly stopped firing up on either water or heating, fault code F5 the book say's check fan & air pressure valve,
the fan is working ok,the valve test's ok but is not operating
can anyone give me a rough idea as to what the problem is .

Sponsored Links
if i remeber correctly sounds like spark generator prob. common prob on these.

sorry not spark gen but what they call the jimmyslapper which is on the air intake to the gas valve could be sticking .might be worth calling viessmann as there aware of the prob being a design fault.you never know.but yet again could be aps

Sponsored Links
The F5 is the jemmyslapper.

Its not even fitted on later boilers but amusingly the official advice is not to remove it "because that would be an uauthorised modification" !

However its location means that a gas registered engineer is required to free it up or remove it.

Tony

Its not even fitted on later boilers but amusingly the official advice is not to remove it "because that would be an uauthorised modification" !

A Viessmann rep told our boys to cut it away with a Stanley knife!

We mostly see the fan flap issue when tenants have turned off the boiler for more than a day or two.

Its a square metal flap which closes by gravity and seals the outlet of the fan. The air pressure from the fan will open it. However it is sealed by a rubber strip and after a year or two this becomes sticky and the flap fails to open.

Any Viessmann rep who tells anyone to "cut it out" clearly has never worked on them and doesn't really know what they are as they are just lifted out and not cut ! But then they are salesmen and not qualified engineers!

They are also going against their company official advice! However, all they need ( and should do ) is to state an official modification to remove it where fitted. But I suppose that would amount to admitting they got it wrong!

Tony Glazier

The Original Poster ( Pez in this case! ) is expected to tell us what is happening to the boiler!

Tony

vitodens 100

Sorry Tony, I thanked you for the info before I got back to the boiler.
Sure enough,the oddly named jemmyslapper was fixed tight, Ive opened it up and sprayed the edges of the flap with silicon rarther than removing it,
It has cured the problem but only time will tell whether the silicon works.
Having fixed the problem I have noticed a marked decrease in the noise made by the intake to the fan when the jemmyslapper is working propperly.

Thanks again,
Pez.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back