Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I HAVE A VITODENS 100 BOILER JUST DRAINED DOWN C/H SYSTEM TO DECORATE
NOW BOILER LOCKS OUT AND I CANT GET ANY HEATING
I GET 06# SHOWING ON display .
CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

Sponsored Links
If you have drained the system then there is a special procedure to be followed to ensure that all the air is expelled from the heat exchanger.

I dont remember what the fault code 06 relates to but generally I would not recommend a Viessmann as a DIY boiler.

Tony

Look in your instructions left by installer. Fault guide should tell you/us what 06 is and then post back. At a guess I would think it is overheat or lack of water/flow = air lock.

Sponsored Links
no reference to 06 in paperwork
fan does run for approx 50 seconds then cut out?

06 may be a water pressure problem. There is a procedure to follow when refilling these boilers to ensure no air is trapped in the heat exchanger - check the manual.

One of the MI shows the code "E6" as low water pressure !!!

However, I think that is deduced from the thermal sensors rather than a water pressure sensor so its not always correct.

Again, I would expect the problem relates to a failure to follow the correct procedure to expell air from the HE.

Tony

THERE IS NO INFORMATION IN ANY OF THE PAPER WORY TO SAY HOW TO DRAIN DOWN HEATING WITHOUT CAUSING AN AIR CAN ANY ONE HELP ME?

there is no information in any of the paper work to drain down heating system without causing air lock.
how do i alievate this problem?

You can drain it how you like!

Its the refilling that has a special procedure!

If you download the installation and service manual then you may be able to find it.

Its these matters that make me take the view that its not a boiler for a DIYer.

Tony

isnt it sad that some one would fit this boiler to a single woman living on her own and all she wants to do is decorate her houe by taking the radiators off.
thats all!

There is nothing sad about it, it is a perfectly good boiler.

If you do not possess the skills to work on it, and drained it down without considering possible consequences, perhaps you should consider blaming someone closer to home.

It seems a fad with the general public these days, they always want it to be someone elses fault.

You fill a Viessmann HE by undoing the two taps underneath the boiler, attaching the hose connectors (supplied with the boiler) and running mains water through one side until the bubbles stop coming through. Then reassemble, add your inhibitor, and fire up.

Now stop moaning :LOL:

MrPRH said:
isnt it sad that some one would fit this boiler to a single woman living on her own and all she wants to do is decorate her houe by taking the radiators off.
thats all!

A woman called Mr P R H ???

MrPRH is my son.
my mum was told by the installer who is Corgi registered that she could take off her radiators to Decorate!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back