Vinyl flooring

PVA is an absorbent liquid and will sometimes also produce swelling.

Feathering (in this case) is applying a very tight coat to the seam and steel trowelling it to nothing at the edges.

Sponsored Links
I've been laying floors for 25 years. Mainly LVTs like Karndean etc.
been on a lot of flooring courses and try to do the best job possible on every job I do.
If you ply it, feather screed the jobs and glue it correct the floor can last 20 years mate

Sponsored Links
Listen to Daz.....

........a bit of advice - right click on a posters "username" - this allows you to see all their posts and take a "view" of their advice!!!!

In the UK 6mm ply over a wooden sub-floor is the way to go. feather screed is usually only necessary if further rectification of a poor subfloor is required..... after all suppliers have a vested interest in selling you "yet more" of their products

If you want to call me about any questions feel free Garry.

Feather screed helps hide joints in plywood. But key is to do the ply with the least joints possible. And out of middle of the floor if you can.
Use ring nails on ply. Nailed every 6" in middle and every 4" on edges then you are ready to go.

Think you have to get it from a flooring stockist in Essex mate.
If you are just doing a bathroom then just get some good quality plywood. Wickes do decent gear mate or Travis Perkins

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back