Vinyl Matt Trade Paint question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought two 5lt of the above but from different shops. One says the paint is washable. The other is 'new improved formula' 'covers' better' but nothing about washable. Obviously the second tin is the new one.

Is vinyl matt washable?

Or just the old formula and not the new?

Interestingly there are slightly different instructions on the back of each tin.

You can see my dilema because if there is a diffrence i.e. 'new improved formula' I won't mix them and instaed use 1 tin for first coat and other for second.

If the old formula is washable and the new isn't then I'll use the old as the second coat!

Hope you are with me :?: :!:

Sponsored Links
If the paint says "Vinyl" then it will have PVA in it. Matt Vinyl has a certain amount in and soft sheen has more in and silk finish has even more in it. Matt vinyl is washable up to a point for hand marks etc but you probably wouldnt be able to scrub it for instance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back