Vinyl Tiles / Click tile boards in a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to fit a new bathroom floor around existing features such as a tiled-in bath surround, sink and toilet.

The current room is carpetted above a ropey hardboard and then floorboards underneath. There is currently a little movement in the boards, and I obviously need to fix this before I start.

Ideally I would like to put ceramic tiles in place but due to the existing features and floor level I don't think its practical to fit 12mm board over the floorboards, nor replace them with any other product.

How do I fit vinyl tiles? I have seen them as self-adhesive and they look ok (in the box!!). Are they worth the hassle? Another option is tile-boards which are a bit like click flooring but with three tiles built in.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Sponsored Links
matthoughton said:
Ideally I would like to put ceramic tiles in place but due to the existing features and floor level I don't think its practical to fit 12mm board over the floorboards, nor replace them with any other product.
Is it possible to remove the flooring and replace with WPB as it will give you the same floor level as before.

The bath, sink and toilet are all in place so removing the floorboards would cause absolute havoc. It's something I just don't think is possible at this stage!

there are some nice vinyl floor coverings around at the mo,i have been looking for some over the last few days,tiles,laminate style, it looks very nice when down and is a decent thickness not like the old lino coverings

Sponsored Links
hardboard should give it a nice even flat surface.

we have stick tiles they are ok, but a roll of vinyl as you intend will be better, doesnt need sticking, never comes loose, no joints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back