vinyl wrap or respray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have a renault master lwb and want to have it sign wrapped complete, I want to have a change of colour because it is white at the minute.

I have been quoted £2000 for the wrapping and they gurantee it for 5 years.

I need opinions on whats a better option

1, to have any minor bodywork sorted and then wrapped

or

2, have it resprayed in a blue metallic paint and body work done and then have it sign written.

whats going to work out cheaper?
whats going to last longer?
whats going to look better?

Obviously if I talk to a body repair person they are gonna say respray is better and if i talk to vinyl person they are gonna say vinyl.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Purely my own opinion mate so don't take it the wrong way - but being as its a working van is it really worth spending all that cash.......I'd be inclined to keep it white and have a nice vinyl sign.
A respray won't give you any change out of 2 grand either.
Wrapping is successful though......check out the graphics on Stobart trucks which are in a white base colour.
John :)

depending on the signage you might be looking at a second respray when the signage comes off, because of paint fade. That's the main advantage to vinyl wrap, it helps preserve the resale value of the vehicle.

If you take the van onto sites where there is grit and dirt the vinyl won't last as long as if you have a 'clean' job.

im guessing all the sky vans you see buzzing round are wrapped?
it does look good but 2 grand is a lot of money if it lasts 5 years, a paint job will last a lot longer but it all depends on how long you intend keeping the van and what sort of condition it is in.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, the van im hoping to keep as long as it keeps running!

The body work has a couple of little dents and rust spots that I want to get sorted first, but the whiet paint on it at the minute isnt the best has lots of small scratchs marks etc thats why I thought of having it wrapped

I got the idea from the sky vans they do look the dogs dangleys and certainly grab your attention

i thought about a respray because its easier to touch in a paint job later on down the line where with a vinyl wrap they said they can replace the area easily enough but if the rest has faided over time it would look cack

I noticed the wrap a good few years ago on the local buses because of the way it seemed to lift on the recessed curves after being applied for a while? The wrap technique might be better now, especially the preparation, but just for peace of mind, can you see vans they have done 6 or 7 years ago?

if your set on a colour change why not plasticoat it would probably cost around 600-700 to do the whole van - no need to inform dvla as its a temporary colour (same as vinyl wrap only sprayed on) then get sign writing letters added to it

You can get it wrapped for free and make £2k plus a year if you get it wrapped with someone elses adverts. :)

Sponsored Links
Back