Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Can someone please advise me as to what type of cable is used for
Virgin

Regards

Colin

Sponsored Links
They use good quality foam filled coax cable like WF100 with crimped on F connectors.
I think the cable Virgin use is made by Webro but any good quality screened coax will be fine, Normally sold as satellite cable.

Forgot to mention the cable sold in DIY stores as satellite cable is normally RG6 and id avoid this for cable, Also dont be tempted by the cheap low-loss coax cable its no good.

Thanks for the swift reply

So can i use an existing virgin cable to send freeview from a booster.

No longer use Virgin

Ta

Colin

I wouldn't have thought so.

The Virgin cable boxes have an aerial pass-through but I'd be surprised if they have a Freeview tuner.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris

Sorry didn't make it clear

I want to send aerial signal to freeview box

Ta

Colin

In a nutshell no you cant, the freeview signal isn't broadcast over the virgin network and their analogue service is being switched off in line with the digital switch over. You'll either need a set-top aerial (if suitable for your location) or one up in the loft or maybe even outside. All depends where you are and how strong the signal is in your area.

Colin,

If you want to use a length of left over Virgin co-ax to connect up your freeview box and TV it shouldn't be a problem as long as they can both take 'f' connectors.

I use my leftover Virgin coax cable for a temp connection lead with my satellite set up.
I like the crimped on F connectors much better than the twist on things that Sky use for there installs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back