Virgin junction box

16 Jan 2022
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Not really sure where to post this but here seems a good pace lol

Our broadband provider is virgin and we have a brown junction box outside which connects to a white box inside that goes to the router.

Does anyone know what kind of cable goes from the brown box to the white box? Is it just shielded satellite cable?
Sponsored Links
Webro HD100, which is the gold standard, if you will. There's a part roll on eBay atm, item no 116115672067, £20 + £4 del. Was a 100m roll, and by the look of it there's at least 30m left, so the £20 asking is good value.

There's a lower grade tri-shielded coax available. It uses a steel core with anodised copper coating. The foil is Mylar (aluminium-covered plastic) and aluminium braid. Nowhere near as good as the Webro all-copper stuff for signal level or corrosion resistance, but only £66/100m on Amazon. Look up Axing SKB 395-11
Sponsored Links
You'll also need the correct connectors, generally the compression F connetcors are used, which require the correct tool, twist on F connectors will often work but generally arnt regarded as that good of a job
You'll also need the correct connectors,
That's easy enough.

@Jake2021 you'll need the HD100 compression connectors (eBay item 385786677464) and the same red handled compression tool as eBay item 186087539890.

F connectors are more or less a hollow barrel with a screw thread collar on one end. There are no internal pins to worry about, and since the difference in cable diameter between WF100 and HD100 is just 0.2mm, then a tool that works for one will work for the other.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local