Virgin Internet Cable Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm connecting with Virgin Fibre Broadband next week (self install). Can someone tell me what I need to do with what I have currently to be able to connect to the box when it arrives? I can pass the circled end into the house at the point where the router will sit.

The cable from the street is a twin/siamese/figure 8. Is the smaller cable required?

Thanks.

connection2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Virgin Media usually take care of the connection to your home including the installation of a wall socket inside the house. After that, it's down to you to connect the internal components. You can see a video of what that involves here.

Virgin Media usually take care of the connection to your home including the installation of a wall socket inside the house. After that, it's down to you to connect the internal components. You can see a video of what that involves here.

This is essential. The wall socket contains an isolator to prevent 240v getting back on to their network if you connect faulty equipment to it. It also protects you and your equipment from voltage gradients through the earth between your property and wherever their system is earthed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back