Virgin Media, external housing box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Brown Virgin Media box attached to the external wall off our house and this box is broken and no longer holds the wires and two way splitter. We do not have Virgin nor intend to get cable and so this is seen by us as an ugly accessory to the house, especially as now, exposed to the elements it is beginning to rust.

Can anyone offer any assistance with how to deal with this item, I am open to all ideas, such as complete removal, tidy up or getting it re boxed?

Many thanks in advance,

Lob[/url]

Sponsored Links
Just remove & recycle, you'll never get Virgin to do anything about it.

I tried to have this done once, phone call after phone call, promise after promise, nothing ever done, and this request included the internal box left behind by the previous tenant.

You should write to Virgin stating that you are considering the possibility charging them rent for the use of your wall for their equipment which dis-figures your property and provides no benefit to you.

The Company Secretary
Virgin Media
Media House,
Bartley Wood Business Park,
Hook,
Hampshire,
RG27 9UP

It might work. At least your complaint might arrive in the complaints department from higher management and not be one of the many that come in the normal route.

I would add to the above, that you will remove it after 30days.
That way you are covered should there be any come backs.

Sponsored Links
Hi All,
Thank you for your responses, I had given absolutely no thought to the idea that I might have to inform them of it's impending removal!

Many thanks,

Lob

I would add to the above, that you will remove it after 30days.
That way you are covered should there be any come backs.

If you include that then send the letter by registered post or recorded delivery so proof of delivery to their address means they cannot later claim you had not informed them of the intent to remove the apparatus.

It may be that under some section of the telecommunication law they have the right to fix it to your wall whether or not you agree to it being there.

And they will ignore you and expect you to remove it after 30 days.

Just nip out with a screwdriver (or hammer) and remove it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back