Viro v06 lock and came keypad not working correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a viro v06 electric lock on my gate. It is controlled by a momentary switch on the gate alongside a came keypad/fob. It is fed a 12v supply from a transformer.

The lock operated when a current passes through a coil inside it which magnetises and causes the bolt to click open.

All was working fine until the old switch broke. I worked up a temporary replacement bit this wasn't a momentary switch like the original.

A guest left the switch on which I think burnt out the coil in the lock as it stopped working after this.

I have since replaced the coil in the lock and the switch to a new momentary and the lock now works, from all three inputs (keypad, fob and switch) but only now and again. It is not consistent.

When the lock used to unlock there was a loud buzzing sound. This no longer happens, it just clicks open quietly.

Any ideas as to why it is now only working half the time?

Sponsored Links
I replaced the lock at first, but the replacement only worked intermittently as well so I sent it back as I thought the lock mechanism may be faulty. Then I replaced the coil for the original lock from an electric gate/lock website and reinstalled it.

It works but the switch/fob/keypad has to be used 2 to 3 times in succession before the lock releases.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the voltage at the lock when you activate it ? You may have damaged the power supply when you left it on for too long , you might be better posting pictures of the power supply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back