Virus or what??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I keep getting this on scanning with AVG antivirus, what is this??
and if I keep scanning straight away it finds more of these type threats continuously.

"";"C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\G85KRUWC.txt";"Found Tracking cookie.Ru4";"Healed"

"";"C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\QX3MM4C3.txt:\ad.yieldmanager.com.539b0606";"Found Tracking cookie.Yieldmanager";"Moved to Virus Vault"

"";"C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\FVLY6SP4.txt:\adbrite.com.37283d89";"Found Tracking cookie.Adbrite";"Moved to Virus Vault"

Sponsored Links
Just cookies. They tell the ad providers (like the ones on this site. Watch this post get deleted) where you've been. Simple privacy violation.

Cookies are everywhere, you can disable them but some sites will not work correctly.
AVG is doing its job, nothing to worry about.

You could run CCLeaner too, this clears out the cache`s and helps keep the computer running smooth and faster.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner and its FREE :mrgreen:

I'm not doubting your knowledge, but I have done loads of scan with avg before and zilch nothing ever was found like it does now,which prob. was a good thing , I thought something was wrong with the free version then , now I'm worried because it HAS found something.

What worries me is Firstly why did'nt it detect the cookies ever on scans before -
and why does it keep finding 10 potentially dangerous items or say 15 or 12 etc even if I scan straight away a few times in a row, then maybe after the 3rd time it will say no threats, EXPLAIN people :D .

TIA

PS. I played about with PC tune up from AVG when I aquired some keys from a site, ( it has gone of since but this had many features on optimising pc cleaner and other options to get rid of unwanted files , maybe I fooked about deeper thn I could handle eh,, :eek: :D

Sponsored Links
and why does it keep finding 10 potentially dangerous items or say 15 or 12 etc even if I scan straight away a few times in a row, then maybe after the 3rd time it will say no threats, EXPLAIN people :D .

Because these ads are constantly reloading themselves, wasting your CPU time and bandwidth, and replacing their tracking cookies so they can illegally and immorally track your browsing habits. If you make sure you have no browsers running before removing the cookies, they should stay gone.

"If you make sure you have no browsers running before removing the cookies, they should stay gone".

How do I do this? :oops:

Probably done it before TBH, just can't get the pc slang. :D

"If you make sure you have no browsers running before removing the cookies, they should stay gone".

How do I do this? :oops:

Probably done it before TBH, just can't get the pc slang. :D

Hint: You're using a browser to read this.

so far so good , I cleaned and scanned with no browsers open and now no alerts or messages .

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Back