Visit M''urica

Sponsored Links
Applying for a Visa costs money buddy :)
You might not have to apply for one. If you go to the visa waiver program website, it will tell you whether or not you have to apply for a visa. There is a small fee but I can't remember how much, maybe £10?

Hi all.

My old mate lives in Maine. He's getting married later this year and invited me to be there.
I watch a lot of these drug busting tv programmes in airports and people being refused admission because of a criminal past.

I am now 48 (49 next month) and i do 'have a past'

Court and convictions:

1990 ABH (conditional)
1992 Theft (shops and stalls) £145
1993 Criminal damage £89
1995 Fraud and deception £100
2019 Assault by beating £135

Can I get a visa? For the life of me, rather that call an airport there (embassy is just visit website) get an answer. I can imagine turning up there, detained on the next plane back.

I'm sure one of you clever folks may know. Thanks in advance. Dan.
You will need to apply for a form from the police And attach this to your visa application.

Sponsored Links
My mate was refused entry into the US in his 20s because of a conviction when he was 17.

I think it was his honeymoon when he went back in his early 30s. Had a visa and was assured he would gain entry. He also did his homework.

Off the plane and yes they refused him entry.

So this hsppend to twice.

On saying g all this.

When we where both in Canada we would cross the border into Buffalo to go night clubbing. He had no problem but that was before 9/11

i always remember a story back in the 90s of a guy who got refused entry for a previous conviction of smashing a window when he was about 18 that was actually spent and they refused him entry .
i have attended the american embassy on a visa issuing day and you see dozens of people walking away from the booths in tears after getting them refused and trying to plead with them .

Why not just visit MeHiCo, then walk over the border ?

You won't be able to get the cheap ESTA ($21) with a conviction. You will need to apply for a visa, but I would hazard a guess that it will be declined. Not a visa expert, but you have multiple previous and not a really good reason for visiting, so I think they'd knock it back.

My mate was stupid in his youth and got a suspended sentence 20 years ago when he nicked some lead from a derelict building. A couple of years back he wanted to go to Florida to take his kid to Disney and was refused a visa.

You absolutely have to apply for a visa as you're not ESTA eligible and it may need an interview, given that one offence is only 4 years ago I'd not book travel until your visa is approved.

Rehabilitation of Offenders Act doesn't apply to US Visa applications. You will need a waiver.

I was plums deep inside a very willing young lady on the reclined passenger seat of a Capri in the 80's in a quiet industrial estate in the wee small hours. A brisk knock on the window dampened the mood. It was a couple of bobbies enjoying the show. They said to put your trousers on and be orf quick or they'd nick me for indecency. Shame....I was on the vinegar strokes as well and the bird didn't want to see me again after that.

Re: America they are all really fat, really stupid and carry loaded semi-automatic firearms. I was lost in Washington Dulles Airport in 2006 and couldn't find the terminal for my connecting flight. Washington Dulles makes Heathrow look like a garden shed by comparison. I asked an airport security guard directions (who was as wide as he was high with a great big nob extension automatic pistol on his belt) and he was really rude. He said 'looks like you're asking me a god dammed question and I ain't got no god dammed choice'. I replied 'one out of ten for customer service' and he threatened to arrest me. I've never been back to America since. Really not interested. I've been to Canada where folk there consider Americans their awful neighbours.

Here...

What criminal convictions can cause an ESTA to be denied?​

However, different types of criminal offenses are treated in different manners. For example, minor traffic offenses which do not lead to a conviction will be considered as a lesser offense and your visa application or ESTA application should be accepted, providing there are no other issues that affect your eligibility. There is no definitive list of acceptable criminal convictions, as each application will be processed on the full information provided, however it may help to know the questions that you will be asked related to criminal activity on an ESTA application:
  • Have you ever been arrested or convicted for a crime that resulted in serious damage to property, or serious harm to another person or government authority?
  • Have you ever violated any law related to possessing, using, or distributing illegal drugs?
  • Do you seek to engage in or have you ever engaged in terrorist activities, espionage, sabotage, or genocide?
  • Have you ever committed fraud or misrepresented yourself or others to obtain, or assist others to obtain, a visa or entry into the United States?
  • Are you currently seeking employment in the United States or were you previously employed in the United States without prior permission from the U.S. government?
  • Have you ever been denied a U.S. visa you applied for with your current or previous passport, or have you ever been refused admission to the United States or withdrawn your application for admission at a U.S. port of entry?
  • Have you ever stayed in the United States longer than the admission period granted to you by the U.S. government?
  • Have you traveled to, or been present in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011?
More here... https://www.estaform.org/us-travel-guide/travelling-to-the-us-with-criminal-records

• Do you seek to engage in or have you ever engaged in terrorist activities,

This one always made me laugh when filling the visa waiver on plane when nearing The States. I imagined some particularly inept terrorists admitting to travelling for a bit of sightseeing and a few atrocities while they're there. Perhaps this question should be posed to the swarms of parasites heading to Blighty in dinghies.

Sponsored Links
Back