Visonic Power Max telephone Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to activate phone connection in Visonic Powermax. When opened the control panel, I found the wires are not connected. There are 2 sockets (Line & Set) both have small connectors 2=line 2=set in which the other end will have to hard wired.

I don't know whether all four colour wires will have to be hard wired manually or only two of the wires.??? The Powermax manual talks about USA and nothing of UK or other countries??????

Can someone please advise me what colour wires will go in which one??? (I have red & green wires hard wired in SET, and have another two left as it is)

Many thanks
LK

Sponsored Links
Page 5 in my manual >>

"Phone wiring in the UK: Line terminals must be connected to pins 2 and 5 of the wall jack."

Hi Europlex,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have the Phone connector pin that goes in straight into ADSL filter on the wall socket (RJ11 type). Its the Visonic CPU that I am trying to hard wire? I am not sure what colour wire will go in where?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
LK

Page 5 in my manual >>

"Phone wiring in the UK: Line terminals must be connected to pins 2 and 5 of the wall jack."

After help from this forum I have now managed to hardwire (Red & Green Wires in SET pins of Visonic Control Panel and the RJ11 end Plugged in the Sky Master Socket via ADSL Filter.

It says Line Failure when I read "ready memory" messages; and after a little while gives 3 beeps. I clear the messages by arming & disarming the system, and the ready memory message comes back on with "line failure" message.

When I remove the RJ11 end of the wire from the Sky master Socket the Visonic control Panel gives amber light with an exclamation mark and displays the message "not ready"

Can someone please help

Many Thanks in advance for your assistance

Cheers
LK

Sponsored Links
The incoming phone line goes to LINE

The SET terminals are for a telephone set that uses the line.

Normally the LINE terminals are connected by the alarm's PCB to the SET terminals so the phone can use the telephone line.

When the alarm needs the line to make a call it disconnects the SET from LINE and connects LINE to the alarm's dialing and comms circuitry.

The incoming phone line goes to LINE

The SET terminals are for a telephone set that uses the line.

Normally the LINE terminals are connected by the alarm's PCB to the SET terminals so the phone can use the telephone line.

When the alarm needs the line to make a call it disconnects the SET from LINE and connects LINE to the alarm's dialing and comms circuitry.

Thanks bernardgreen.

Does that mean I have to hardwire the Black and yellow wires in the Visonic Control Panel's "Line" as well for the connection to be complete

I think this is the only mystery now that is left for me to solve????

Thanks once again for your help.

LK

The incoming phone line which is pin 2 and pin 5 in the master socket go to the LINE terminals. The telephones in the house connect to the terminals SET

In America they use a RJ-31X JACK to connect the incoming line and the house telephones to the alarm using a cord with plugs at each end to connect the RJ-31X JACK to the alarm.

In the UK the RJ-31X JACK is not used and the incoming line and house telephones connect directly to the screw terminals on the alarm PCB.

The incoming phone line which is pin 2 and pin 5 in the master socket go to the LINE terminals. The telephones in the house connect to the terminals SET

In America they use a RJ-31X JACK to connect the incoming line and the house telephones to the alarm using a cord with plugs at each end to connect the RJ-31X JACK to the alarm.

In the UK the RJ-31X JACK is not used and the incoming line and house telephones connect directly to the screw terminals on the alarm PCB.

Thanks Bernardgreen.
This has finally been resolved.

Red and geeen wires in set abd yellow n black in line. Have not got any errors. I assume all is well.

Cheers
Lk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back