visonic powerlink2 and port forwarding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if anyone can help me on this - I installed a powerlink2 into my visonic powermax pro alarm last night, setup was simple, put a fixed IP address and gateway in and had the GUI up on my laptop in about 10 minutes. Then I want to try the Iphone app out and external access. Got the router port forwarding page up and configured the private fixed IP and private port 443 to external port 443. Tried going out the router and back in from local network and it worked. Then tried to configure the iphone app and connect external via 3g... no luck.. can't connet to server, tried my ipad over 3G using normal browser - no luck, can't connect to server... finally got to work this morning and tried to connect to it over the sneaking wireless which doesn't block any outgoing ports like the main lan.. .still can't connet to server. This is really aggravating as it works perfectly with my CCTV DVR and remote viewing. That is on port 80, the router itself is on port 8081 for https and that works as well, I know my ISP is not blocking any ports incoming. I use dyndns but have tried the IP number as well... I have tried both upnp and without upnp - I don't really trust upnp, but thought I'd give it a go. I'm using a draytek vigor 2800 router and normally it's brilliant at everything, VPN, remote access applications. I just don't get why this one app is not gettiong though. I have also tried forwarding port 443 on the powerlink to various other external ports. The only think I haven't tried yet is forwardiong port 80.. suppose will try that next but anyone else with any experience - would gladly accept any advice.

Sponsored Links
thanks, I just use the external IP from my LAN...so it's hitting the external address but it has to go out the router to do so which s a bit questionable as you are never sure how a firewall/router hadles the rule processing, port 443 is open on the firewall for sure as I have run other services through it and 443 on the alarm is working, so I can't figure where the breakdown is... haven't had any free time to work on it but guess I'll have to mirror the port the alarm is on and put a sniffer on to see what is happening.

I'd trust the online checkers far more than trying to route from my LAN. Do you have a spare PC you could setup with a service and test against? Kind of rule out the Visonic in the first instance until you prove the router..

Sponsored Links
Hi, wasn't doing any serious tracing from my LAN, think you didn't read my post properly, I can make a router stand up and dance or do the dishes.. and when I looked with a sniffer on the mirrored port, I found, erm... that I had put the default gateway IP address as the Visonic address, thumbs and fingers weren't working together.... Should have just checked my network settings on the visonic, but as it's in the loft and I was at work, I worked it back the other direction. Oh well, all working well now... and didn't realize the iphone app had to talk to a motoring station either, just use the browser to talk dircectly to my alarm ... well, cant blame visonic, lovely alarm, thumbs up to visonic and thanks for taking the time to reply :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back