Visonic PowerMax - Help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved in to my new house a couple of weeks ago and there's a visonic powermax system installed and connected to a master socket.

Yesterday I had virgin installed (previous owners were with sky) and they used a different master socket to connect my phone line too. The visonic system is not connected to this socket. Since then I have a trouble light on the control panel and since 5:00am it has been beeping once a minute. The error message says line failure, which I understand is because the socket it is connected too is now dead.

Im not bothered whether the system is connected to the telephone line or not. Just happy for it work without it being connected to a phone line. Until the trouble is resolved I cannot arm the system and my house is not protected.

Can anyone give any advise on what I need to do???

Thanks

Ash.

Sponsored Links
Now, that's a difficult one, let's see, :idea: I know,

it needs connecting to the new phone line, no more, no less.

Wow that was difficult :?:

I know it needs connecting to the new phone line but I was wondering if there was a way I can have it running without being connected to a phone line???

Enter Program 1. Press NEXT seconds until INSTALLER MENU shows
2. Press SHOW/OK, at ENTER CODE then enter your installers code then you Should be able to go to field 5 subfield 09 and select disable.

Sponsored Links
I don't have the installers code unfortunately Hoot. The only code I have is the code for the alarm it's self.

default engineers code is 9999 if it hasnt been changed

As a graded system would be.
All systems come with a "code" and that code is changed.
Unlike certain Yellow items :D

Anyone know the difference in the default 8888 installer code to the 9999 master installer code? From memory I think there's a bit which you need the master installer for but I forget which section it is.

For PowerMax+ that has 2 installer codes, the default
INSTALLER code is 8888 and the default MASTER
INSTALLER code is 9999.
The following actions can be done only by using the
master installer code:
• Changing master installer code.
• Resetting the PowerMax+ parameters to the default
parameters,
• Defining specific communication parameters

All sorted now. Just installed a new extension cable and replaced the old master socket with a slave. Alarm back to full working order.

Thanks for your help people.

hi, you can connect to the same line, all you need is to install a Intruder alarm broadband filter, this will sort ur problem.

I had the same issue - except that Virgin discontinued my twisted pair line and replaced it with a VOIP internet connected phone.

My solution to get rid of the yellow triangle, with reference to the Installer Guide, pages 25 and 26, was:

* User settings > Installer Mode > Define Comm >

1. Private Report > Voice Report > REPORT EVENTS > DISABLE REPORT

2. C. S. Reporting > (top of page 26) > REPORT EVENTS (4.5.3 [1]) > DISABLE REPORT
>>>>> then ensure that all of the RPRT METHOD boxes are set to DISABLE

3. C. S. Reporting > (middle of page 26) > LINE FAIL REPORT (4.5.3 [21])
> PSTN > [don't report] then
> GSM/GPRS >[don't report]

Save changes and you should find that the POWERMAX now works as a squark box!!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back