Vista and IE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All.

just a quick one i hope.

new pc for chrimbo, it came with vista, its OK but i got use to XP so its a little different.
have a few issues with it but one at a time i think.

One of the niggles is when I'm on a web page and there's a lot on there, eBay for instance, i click on an item and it goes to it but when i click back the page reloads at the top.

in XP i could click an item, look at it and then click back, the page would load to where i came from.
very annoying when your view 200 items on a page and it always loads back to the top so you have to try and remember where you where on the page.

it happens on all web site. is there a setting i can change or is it just loading to an updated page each time.

hope some one can help.
kind regards
Phil.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I ever saw some others had same problem in other forum. This issue may be caused by IE Add-ons or spyware infected IE related files.

most solved follow below methods:

1) Disable add-ons and try again, if still don't work;
2) Check msconfig to see if any spyware and disable it's auto startup, and then restart to get a clean reboot;
3) Also try safe mode with networks if above cannot help.

no add0ons or spy-ware. i did go and check these but the pc is new.

i was hoping it was a configuration thing.

any big page that i go to starts at the top then click on something at the bottom of the page, once finished i click back and it seams like IE is seeing it as a new page and reloading it at the top........well annoying

Sponsored Links
Use Firefox instead. ;)

why are all forum loaded with people pushing fire fox.
if i wanted fire fox i would load it but i don't so stupid comment's like your are not needed so please keep them to your self :mad:

Not exactly going the right way to get further help, are you!

The suggestion to use Firefox is not as 'stupid' as you might think. A second browser would give you the chance to check the problem sites from another browser to see if they worked correctly. Then you could assertain whether your browser (IE7 in this case) or the web site was faulty.

My IE7 is working correctly on several sites similar to ebay where I can go to a separate page and return to the same place on the last page that I was at. So it would seem to be a setting in your browser that may have ben altered.

Try resetting it to default and trying it. This will cancel out some of your personal settings, if you had any, buttry it.
Open IE -> Tools -> Options -> Advanced Tab.
In Settings click Restore Advanced Settings -> Apply -> OK.
Close the browser.
Open the browser and try the web sites again.

If no joy then repeat the above but instead of Restore click Reset.

dave

Use Firefox instead. ;)

if i wanted fire fox i would load it but i don't so stupid comment's like your are not needed so please keep them to your self :mad:
Just decided to revisit this thread and have just seen what you have written. Do you have some sort of mental problem? Is the time of year getting you down - if so, have a look at the S.A.D. post in general discussion.
For what it's worth, I've had problems with Firefox the last few days in so much that it won't open. Have tried all sorts of things with no joy. Am now using Opera which seems to work really well.
As mentioned active8, it's better to be civil - you get more help that way and people don't think you're a tosspot.

No! the problem is that way you put the comment.
very very helpful it was..............not.
every forum i am a member of there it some little scrot in the corner that pops up and says the same thing and in the same way as you did.

if you like fire fox then great, but maybe a reason as to why i should rip IE out and put in FF.
Is it a better system? if so why.
Have you had any problems with it? if so then what and was the fix easy.
how does it compare and so on.

not just..........GET FIREFOX.

I hope you understand why i fire off.
as for S.A.D. no i don't suffer with it. i have long term depression if you really realy must know. :LOL:
Use Firefox instead. ;)

Just decided to revisit this thread and have just seen what you have written. Do you have some sort of mental problem? Is the time of year getting you down - if so, have a look at the S.A.D. post in general discussion.
For what it's worth, I've had problems with Firefox the last few days in so much that it won't open. Have tried all sorts of things with no joy. Am now using Opera which seems to work really well.
As mentioned active8, it's better to be civil - you get more help that way and people don't think you're a tosspot.

Get it straight buster - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do and if self-preservation is an instinct you possess you'd better fu*king do it and do it quick! I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fu*king car!
(Pulp Fiction) ;)

Get it straight buster - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do and if self-preservation is an instinct you possess you'd better fu*king do it and do it quick! I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fu*king car!
(Pulp Fiction) ;)

Jog on loser.

I just wish to point out that I gave up my free time to give you a solution to your problem. Firefox is widely rated as being superior to IE, however, if you do not wish to take my advice then that's fine, but there's no need to be rude.

The reason people say "Get Firefox" is that it is a better browser. You must have a difficult life.

every forum i am a member of there it some little scrot in the corner that pops up and says the same thing and in the same way as you did.

I suppose they are not helping you now, which is why you grace us with your presence.......... :rolleyes:

activeviii,
I think gcol gave the solution and help you. I don't use IE also. If the problem is still there, and you are not going to reinstall the o/s, then why not have a try on other browser.

Sponsored Links
Back