Vivaro temperateure gage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me what could be wrong with my Vauxhall Vivaro 53 plate 1.9 DI, the engine temperature needle on the dash has stopped working? i have no clue as to what could be wrong as everything else is ok with the van well except a little noise i get when i start it up! its as if the fan belt is slipping but after a while about 15 to 30 seconds it stops so its probably nothing?

Any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

Gasnob

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Thanks Mursal, one last question if i may? standing in front of the vivaro with the lid open? where should i find this sensor! all i can see is a mass of wires in looms to the right side of the engine.

Kind regards
Gasnob

Sponsored Links
Thanks, i will give it a go today and hopefully its just the lead that has come of due to my damn cat who thinks its funny to sleep under the van?

Kind regards
Gasnob

Thanks for the info on removing the temperature sensor, i have managed to remove the thermostat sensor, i placed it in some hot water and took some readings, it appears to be working ok.

Is there anything else that could be wrong, ie fuse or relay?

Best regards.
Gasnob

You may have 2 temp sensors, I'm not sure. If its a single wire one you took out, rub the wire on the steelwork of the engine (earth) and the gauge should go up. Do not connect if its a 2 wire sensor and do not leave it connected, just tip it to the earth with someone watching the needle. Ignition On
If it was a fuse/power supply normally something else would be down, like the fuel gauge?

Good luck

Back