Voker Mynute 14se

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler won't heat my water anymore.It has been set to come on twice aday 0500-0600 and 1800-1900 . Now the strange thing is it works in the morning but not in the evening ( i lied when i said it won't heat the water it does in the morning , sorry) :oops: The ch is off overnight , the dhw comes on first in the morning then the ch after the water timed out and it seems to work the,but, when the heating is on all day the dhw doesn't work in the evening.Another thing is that the two won't work together , you know the kinda thing,if i want to top up the hot water by pressing the button i get 1 hour of heating water,this no longer works if the ch is on :mad: I don't know much about boilers ;) but i seems that something is heating up too much in the guts of the boiler and only letting one thing run at a time.Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
near your immersion cylinder do you have

1 x 3 port valve

or 2 x 2port valves

cos it sounds like a motorised valve problem ;)

I had one motorised valve replaced cos it was leaking ,that was in the summer and we didn't need the heating on then.And this has only started since the heating went on.You could be onto something there glasgowgas.

Sponsored Links
do a search using the search button up top for motorised valves

if you switch off all power and manually lock valve into manual position

then try htg, post back for more advice

ps locking valve in manual position is only to fill system ;) it cant be ran like this, but it will help diagnose fault

J8ust managed to get the dhw to come on and noticed that the pressure stays at 1.5 but when the ch is on the pressure goes up to 2.0,is this right? should it happen like this?

the slight rise in pressure is ok its the central htg water expanding

(its meant to do this)

did you move the valve?

Going to get a heating engineer tomorrow(i hope) thanks glasgowgas,like the 52 championships bit,i'm a Ross County man myself.

no problems sir ;)

did you move the valve across, or did it do it of its own volition?

keep your post updated once you get thing resolved,

keeps others informed ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back