Vokera 20/80 RS Flowmatic Lack of hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently when turning on my hot water the high burner (not sure if this is the correct term) would kick in and then after a few seconds it would cut out. If the heating was on then it will also cut out the low burner. After maybe another 10 secs or so the burners kick back in and i got hot water. The boiler would also not produce hot water unless the heating was on.

Now though.... my heating is working fine, no problems there at all but the high burner will not kick in at all now and so no hot water!

Any help or ideas would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
possibly diaphragm in diverter, does the pin move and operate micro switch when tap is turned on

I would suspect lack of proper service. While I agree with above diagnosis, other components will be in similar state of neglect, so a service as detailed in the manual is a good start.

As far as the pin moving i'm unsure of how i would check this? When i turn on the tap the boiler does make a noise, which would normally be followed by the burner kicking in but isn't.

I have no idea of when it has been serviced, as i only moved in a few months back.

Would a service fix the issue as well as service the actual boiler? I live in Fife, Scotland... any idea who i could get to do this for me or is it just find a corgi registered plumber?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
My dad's mate is a plumber and he says that if i can order the part needed then he could try and fit it. He's Corgi registered but just doesn't know a lot about this brand of boiler.

I have found two Diaphragm's on the net....

Firstly:

Flow Switch Diaphragm (Auto By-pass)

SKU: 0557-20/80RSFLOWMATIC

Product Code: 0557

Boiler GC No.: 47-094-07

Price: £9.95

or

Diaphragm for Six Screw Manifold

SKU: 0226-20/80RSFLOWMATIC

Product Code: 0226

Boiler GC No.: 47-094-07

Price: £9.95

Please help.

Replacement of above diaphragms will be a move in the right direction.

Unless your repairer has a 'mechanical' brain and is manually adept, all is lost as this boiler will need other things to be 'sorted' as well. But a move in the right direction no less.

Will that atleast give me hot water for the time being until i can sort something else out?

DP You seem to be quite a fan of these boilers but for one of a gd old age that may have been rarely serviced (if at all) what would you suggest?

A new boiler? Replacement parts for the existing one?

Any help is appreciated

i would suggest a proper boiler engineer, not, with all due respect, a plumber who's a mate of a mate.

If the boiler make a noise when a hot tap is turned on the that suggests that the diverter valve is OK.

The last one I went to with that symptom had a failed safety device associated with the fan and needed no spare parts at all, just 15 minutes cleaning!

Although it was in an office near Centre Point, very conveniently it was an evening when I was to have a meal out at the nearby Spaghetti House with a few friends.

Tony

Cheers guys,

Sounds like a proper boiler engineer would be the best option. My dads mate is a great plumber but at the end of the day he doesn't know the boiler system.

How do i know who in my local area would have gd knowledge of the model? I suppose i could just ask....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back