Vokera 20-80 RS Pressure Vessel Pressure

Oh no sorry, now it isnt going up to 3 Bar. It was doing that I think as when the water guage showed less than 1 Bar, I was topping it up with water! Im not doing that now the BG engineer has been.

Still not got a pump, just trying to borrow one.

Sponsored Links
So....if you put 1 bar in now and then run the heating how high does the gauge go?

I shouldnt do it now should I?

Thats what I was doing before it got 'fixed', and when I'd done it the pressure was going up to 3 Bar etc.....from a standing pressure of 1.5 Bar on the guage. But the pressure on the guage the next morning was under 1 Bar again, so I just kept topping up with water.

Since the BG engineer re-aired the pressure vessel it hasnt gone anywhere near 3 Bar, its always stayed around 1.5Bar.....just slightly moves up, then drops to what it was when the heating goes off.

I havent topped up with water since the BG guy did it about 6 weeks ago.

Since the BG engineer re-aired the pressure vessel it hasnt gone anywhere near 3 Bar, its always stayed around 1.5Bar.....just slightly moves up, then drops to what it was when the heating goes off.

I havent topped up with water since the BG guy did it about 6 weeks ago.

:confused: So....What...exactly is the problem.

i'm getting confused.

Are you saying that the only problem you have is that the pressure has dropped from 1.5 bar to 1 bar in 6 weeks?

If so..you have a small leak somewhere...thats all...nothing else...forget the expansion vessel its fine.

Sponsored Links
Yeah....well 1.5 to 0.8 Bar.

I've checked for leaks, and couldnt find any. Plus the neighbour under me would have probably noticed :LOL:

The thing is, if I now fill back up to 1.5Bar, and it drops, so I fill again, the Pressure goes up to 2.5-3 Bar.............
But when the BG engineer repressurised the vessel it stopped doing this.

Why dont you stop messing about and repressurise the EXV as I have explained?

Tony

You had not mentioned a pump as far as I can see!

Tony

You said

then you said

The thing is, if I now fill back up to 1.5Bar, and it drops, so I fill again, the Pressure goes up to 2.5-3 Bar.............
But when the BG engineer repressurised the vessel it stopped doing this.

Either this is a wind up or you are off your nut.

Just because YOU can't find a leak does not mean that there is no leak.

I will bow out of this one me thinks :rolleyes:

It went to 3 Bar when I was filling it up every day.......

But since the BG engineer has been and repressurised the pressure vessel it hasnt needed topping up everyday. As its losing pressure very slowly now...........where as before it was loosing its pressure over night.......and thats when I was filling it back up everyday.

Its a tiny flat, and ive had the floor boards up, and there isnt any leaks....There is only four rads, so im sure I'd see them.

and there isnt any leaks.

Yes there is.. :rolleyes:

If you are 100% certain its not on the system then the boiler has a leak.

If there are no visible signs of a leak then its either the prv passing (disconnect the pipe under the boiler to check) or the heat exchanger is leaking. ;)

Well the pressure was ok in the vessel!

So, thought from you guys's advise there must be a leak..........I found the Central heating pump to have a sortta limescale round the bottom connection, and just as I looked, a tiny drip...dripped! Couldnt get my pump pliers in there, so will have to think how to get a tool in there to tighten it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back