vokera 20/80 rs turbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,i want to install an additional radiator and i want to use plastic pipe.
which is the best plastic pipe for heating,i have a very old boiler see above,is this suitable for plastic pipes.
just out of interest does anyone know approx how old this boiler is,many thanks.

Sponsored Links
your boiler is to old and unreliable to fit plastic pipes to,the temperature will be to hot and burst plastic.
scrap your old pile of pooh.now.
your boiler is nearly 20 years old.

your boiler is to old and unreliable to fit plastic pipes to,the temperature will be to hot and burst plastic.

lol, plastic pipe is fine.

Vokera Flowmatic 20/80rs are well past there best, ridiculous amount of intermittent faults on those heaps of junk now. Get a new system fitted mate

Sponsored Links

Vokera Flowmatic 20/80rs are well past there best, ridiculous amount of intermittent faults on those heaps of junk now. Get a new system fitted mate

its not a flowmatic.

how can you advise him to get a new boiler over the interweb without seeing said boiler or even having any information as to its condition?

are you on a nearby planet?

I have yet to encounter a Flowmatic or Turbo that cannot be fixed. To out of hand condemn an appliance unseen, is foolhardy and smacks of lack of understanding the appliance. This is often a practice employed by fitters who know nothing of sequence of operation and embark on repairing the appliance by replacing one part after another.

Turbo has three control stats. One keeps the pump running to dissipate heat when boiler shuts down (if temperature above a certain limit), another will operate to 85 degrees C and if boiler really goes neuclear, at 95 pilot goes out and burner shuts down safely.

OP, get someone who understands boiler operation should you have issues with boiler function. Feel free to hook up additional radiators to the boiler. Fitting a programmable roomstat will improve fuel useage.

I would use copper instead of plastic. Just choice.

thanks for replies,i will use copper pipe instead of plastic.
the boiler does work ok although its noisey compared to newer boilers,the relays like to clunk away,but its normal.
this is my third property with this boiler,so i have been fixing them for many years now,i keep a kit of spares for it now ie aps,fan,maim heat exch,connecting pipes.all thermostats,pcb.microswitches.diaphgrams,repair kits for valves.pcb.aav.prv..thermocouple.overheat.gas valve with modulator.flow/return walves.fan resistor ,washers.grease and a big allen key.etc.
its been fitted with an anti cycling device that stops rapid cycling on/off when on heating and over run stat has been changed to stop over run at 50oc.heating potentiometer set at half output.
the system water is clean and treated with inhibitor.
honeywell room stat and a danfoss time switch.1hr advance button is a joy.
SCRAP it NO way. its still on its original thermocouple/pump/gas valve/most brass valves/main heat exch/domestic heat exch.

well i love my vokera 20-80 room sealed turbo.
more reliable than the women i meet but my old vokera keeps on going and going.deff not like the women i meet.ok its an age thing.
thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back