Vokera 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Vokera 24, it seems to have a few faults

1, The tape water heats up to temperature then goes cold then heats up again and so on and on ...............!

2, When the heating (radiators) kick in the pressure gauge goes up and up, reaching as high as 4 bar (the starting point is one bar). The fill loop is off and the stops applied.

3, Water comes out of the pressure release outside the house.

4, when the heating turns of it makes a graunching sound twice, there is also a small bubbling sound whilst the heating running.

Could anyone please give me there thought on what they think could be the problem, and advise on a remedy.

Thanx Chris :evil:

Sponsored Links
Hello... 1, sounds like a restricted/sludged up water to water heat exchanger.
2,3, are related and requires the expansion vessel to be recharged to its correct pressure. Also if its been doing it for a while the pressure relief valve could be kaput.
4, not too sure but could be related to the above.

hope that helps a little

scatmanjohn said:
Hello... 1, sounds like a restricted/sludged up water to water heat exchanger.
2,3, are related and requires the expansion vessel to be recharged to its correct pressure. Also if its been doing it for a while the pressure relief valve could be kaput.
4, not too sure but could be related to the above.

hope that helps a little

I've ordered the parts, fingers crossed

Thanx

What parts have you ordered and what is your plan of action?

Changing parts without diagnosing the defect is the quick path to slippery slope that can and often burns a hole in your pocket.

What if the parts you intend replacing are not faulty.

I have seen boilers on tips and in skips with new parts fitted. A few months ago I saw a boiler (Vaillant VCW 242) in a skip that had been fitted with a new water section, diverter and a new pump. Couple of PCBs had been replaced as well.

Sponsored Links
Domestic heat exchanger, Expansion Vessel

DP said:
What parts have you ordered and what is your plan of action?

Changing parts without diagnosing the defect is the quick path to slippery slope that can and often burns a hole in your pocket.

What if the parts you intend replacing are not faulty.

I have seen boilers on tips and in skips with new parts fitted. A few months ago I saw a boiler (Vaillant VCW 242) in a skip that had been fitted with a new water section, diverter and a new pump. Couple of PCBs had been replaced as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back