A bit of an update on the Vokera pressure loss.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hung a pot on the PRV outlet pipe yesterday. Went back today and there was an egg cup full of water in the pot.

I topped fill loop back up to 1.5 bar and put the heating on. The pressure goes up to 3.1 bar when the heating is on.

Is the starting point in the case the expansion vessel. If so is the recharge job, tyre pump, pressure gauge etc within the competencies of a DIYer with some reasonable skills. In going through the procedure would I be addressing the cause or is it just a quick fix

The boiler is a Vokera compact 29 and is 4 years old.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the EV, yup. Check it first, press down on the valve, if it lets water out it needs replaced or an external vessel fitted. If no water then recharge, dump all the pressure out the system, don't use the PRV to do that, leaving a bleed valve on a rad open, charge the vessel to 0.75>1 bar.

Shame you did not carry on with the old thread, it makes it easier to see the problem and solution.

Sponsored Links
As stated, you should not have started a new thread as all the old information is not immediately available for us the read.

I am tired after a long drive today and I am sorry but am not going to go searching for it.

Tony

Posts rise the top whenever there is any new posting!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back