vokera 29 loosing presure , water from prv , exp vessel ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a vokera 29 compact that is loosing .5 of a bar over a week .

Water is coming from the prv and collecting in the bag i put over ext pipe.

The pressure in the exp vessel is constant at 1 bar with the ch disconnected.
With the flexi pipe disconnected i have turned on the filling loop and water exited the flexi , so no blockage to exp vessel.

Pressure is defo increasing to 3bar and dumping out of the prv .

Question is now where do i go from here. Mate said replace plate heat ex , is there a test i can do to prove this before i replace it?

Sponsored Links
Could be the prv is knackered and/or there is a blockage in the expansion vessel inlet connection, cant see how it would be the heat ex if you have water coming out the flexi hose, make sure you havent kinked the flexi when you connect it back to the vessel.

The flexi to the vessel was clear and i removed the vessel and tested its pressure directly. It was 1 bar.
The vessel inlet isnt blocked as i could put a screwdriver into it and feel the rubber diaphram.
The customer reported the pressure slowly climbing so it looks like the prv is just doing its job and dumping the pressure when its at 3 bar.
Could a blocked damaged plate heat exchanger cause a rise in system pressure. I have read these can be quite problematic on these boilers.

Sponsored Links
If you disconnect the filling loop and the pressure is still rising then you probably have a pinhole in the plate heat exchanger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back