Vokera 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can any one lend advice.I have a vokera linea 24 combi.Trouble is it keeps tripping after 30 min flashing fault code 04.I have set water pressure to 1.5 bar,checked diaphram at switch and have changed the pcb with no success. Possible water flow problem? Sometimes it does not reset for hours,just flashes 04!

Sponsored Links
what do the instructions say about fault code 04?

The instructions say water pressure problem and refers to filling of system,which i have done and set to 1.5 bar.(it was at 1 bar previously).

Let me get my head around this.Pressure is in the radiator side of things?Correct?

If so this should not affect the DHW?

I can set the boiler to water only and the same fault happens.

I have stripped the brass housing for the pressure switch,it has a spring,diaphram and micro switch located on the outside.I am assuming the water pressure when i fill the sytem acts against the diaphram which then pushes the microswitch,telling the system is pressureised?

When it all works as it should the switch is pressed,then on occasions it will spring back into its usual position putting the switch off.I cannot understand this as the gauge still reads 1.5bar.

Sponsored Links
the gauge indicates primary\system pressure (or ch pressure if you want) and the switch you have dismantled and checked etc sounds, to me like the differential pressure switch.

have you got normally operating HW? or CH?

BTW - I am an apprentice and do the dog work until a pro (like kevplumb) gathers enough info (that i have coaxed out of the thread) to diagnose the posters (you) problem. :D

I have to admit it looks different on the boiler than it does on the installation manual,but it is in the same position at the right of the pump.

My local dealer(HRPC) do not list a swithch for this model.I reconed it was due to it being this diaphram type with externally mounted switch.

I have downloaded the manual from www.vokera.co.uk

Yes i noticed there was a drilling on the cover behind the diaphram.This made me wonder what this was for.Its becoming clearer that this may be the way the PRESSURE DIFFERENCE is measured.

Yes the water and heating work fine for a while then trip regardless if heating or water on.

Kevplumb

The tuition fees are in the post!

..dont blame me if the postal service 'lose' them though ;)

I have looked at the boiler again.There is no seperate pressure switch other than this diaphram one guys??? Could i have a faulty/sticking pump?It seems to me that when the heating is selected the pump runs then the switch is pressed? Man this is annoying :rolleyes:

if you have the prob on CH and hot water then i doubt its down to the diverter assembly (that is what i determine as the difff pressure switch) and am unfortunatley at the limit of my (limited) knowledge. sorry :cry:

The topguns will have an idea though.

..........danger zone...........................

No worries bster.I appreciate your input. :cool:

I am sure the diverter is different to the pressure differential switch mate.The diverter is operated electically by motor and seperates DHW and CH. Correct me if i'm wrong as i am basically trying to understand and teach myself here!

It is clear to me the system is not loosing pressure.

I think the problem lies with this pressure differential. What controls the pressure difference on either side of this diaphram?

i'm probably getting confused with the 'normal' set up on a combi (i.e. new!) you've probably got a 'box' basically a 3 port valve the switches on command from the flow switch, as opposed to an integrated diff pressure diverter that is an all in one unit. (go on kevplumb ...teach me! :D ).

I see. The vokera linea 24 is a discontinued range. :oops: old as the hills probably!!

In the manual it states there are safety devices.

An electronic device that checks the primary pressure unit for activation.Failure results in de activation of the pump after approx 10 min of operation.

This makes sense.Sounds like this is whats happening to me!

pressure gauge or pressure gauge sensor faulty?

- i'm giving up now as i will just start to confuse you with my guess work........good luck with the prob ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back