vokera linea 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have seen a lot of problems mentioned here similar to this but none which offer a solution. We have had code 04 flashing on the above boiler for about 24 hours. I followed the booklet and repressurised the system last night but it is still flashing 04. It is a fairly new rented house and the filling loop was in place when I looked at it but with no caps available to replace it with. I have tried resetting the system several times but does not change with the pressure at just under 1.5 bar.

Any suggestions would be much appresciated.

Sponsored Links
Turn power supply off and on again at the wall. This usually causes a 'full reset'

Next try taking the pressure up higher if possible, this may activate the pressure switch which I suspect is dodgy.
[Let the excess pressure out later through the pressure relief valve afterwards]

If not check it out anyway.

If you need a new one the vokera part number is 2044

How nice to find a sensible tenant who asks for professional advice!

Leaving the boiler overnight with about 2 bar pressure MAY cause the switch to sense the pressure.

If not then you should inform the landlord and see what he wants to do about it.

As a tenant you should expect proper hot water and that any faults will be repaired withi a reasonable time. At a quiet time like June this will be by the end of the next working day. If not tell the landlord you will engage a CORGI registered engineer to sort it out and deduct the cost from the next rent.

Last weekend I went to inspect an installation where the tenant was suspected of having tampered with the boiler and cooker. I discovered the boiler was faulty ( CH NTC ) and the oven also faulty ( o/h stat tripping during normal use ). Supply to boiler was twisted and covered with insulating tape. Landlady has a few things to sort out!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back