Vokera 24

Cheers bud. My heads bursting thinking about this!

Maybe i should get an engineer in here and be done with it.I am a motor mechanic after all! :LOL: I just like to know a little on how thing work!

Sponsored Links
It appears after much searching,there is 2 models of this boiler.An early type with a flow switch and a later type with water pressure switch!

Does the flow switch only activate when the pump is on.If the pump is sticking will i stil see voltage at pump even if flow switch has shut off?

My first port of call would be the flow switch microswitch.

Have also had a few problems with the display pcb showing up non existent faults.

I hear what you are sayin scatman,but i can physically see the pin from the diaphram move back like no flow.

I have the boiler cover off just now im goin to check voltages at pump when fault happens.

It seems to be doin it less frequent now!!

Sponsored Links
I hear what you are sayin scatman,but i can physically see the pin from the diaphram move back like no flow.

I don't think you do hear what i am saying.

I'm talking about the electrical microswitch that is fastened on to the boiler flowswitch.

Faulty microswitches a very common.

Bingo. After finding out about the difference in models ie. flow switch/pressure switch finally i have found the fault.

Initially i looked at the installation manual followed instructions for low pressure-code 04-

I then found pressure ok

Checked what i thought at the time was the pressure switch.Found the pin slightly sticky in the diaphram/manifold housing,so cleaned and rebuilt this.

Found system still tripping.Then eventually would not reset at all,showing code 04 constantly.

I then followed pcb reset fault finding flow chart and came up with the conclusion that the pcb may be at fault.

Replaced pcb that i purchased on ebay for a reasonable price of 40 quid!

Found system now resetting as it should but fault still happening.

Due to pump being so quiet i could not tell if it was pumping or not when covers on,but when i learned about the differences between old model and new.Realised that the pump on my system is what activates the flow switch/pressure differential switch and infact it does not have the usual type pressure switch.

I then found which plug on the pcb supplied the motor and monitored voltage with multimeter til fault happened/tripped fault 04.

Bingo!!! Board supplying pump 240v,led flashing 04,flow switch not pressed and that F***ING pump sticking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking that the original pcb may be ok,on the other hand i was also thinking that if the pump is tight it may have damaged the board because a tight pump will draw far more current!

I will get a new pump in the morning and fit in the evening after work and keep the thred updated. Fingers crossed. :D

Not bad work for a motor mechanic me thinks ;)

scatmanjohn said:

I don't think you do hear what i am saying.

I'm talking about the electrical microswitch that is fastened on to the boiler flowswitch.

Faulty microswitches a very common.

I know the one mate.I have checked continuity a million times.On off on off on off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back