Vokera 29HE Combi Nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
for the last few months the hot water has gradually been getting worse. It started with 1 shower out of 20 going cold for 10 secs. Now its every shower about once every minute. After phoning Vokera technical i was advised to replace HW thermistor which i did and no joy. Then they told me to clean out the venturi which i did and still no joy. I noticed that if i took the combustion cover off the water did not cut out for about 5 minutes so they then advised to replace the fan. I'm not too sureabout this diagnosis and with a fan being £170 its an expensive 'try'. The heating works fine so surely if the fan was faulty the heating wouldnt work either. They also mentioned the circuit board perhaps not sending the correct voltage to the fan....any ideas.....driving me crazy!!!!

Sponsored Links
get vokera in. you are not going to solve it by third party advice if you cant do any tests yourself. you are wasting your time and money. if they come and replace a part and the fault is still there, they come back and its their money they lose not yours.

vokera were my last resort . i am a plumber/heating engineer to trade and this is the worst boiler problem ive ever come across. there is so many things it could 'possibly' be. Im gonna clean out the HW Heat Exchanger tomorrow just in case there is sludge build up and order a fan. If fan doesnt do any good i can always take it back to merchants. I just feel like pulling the bloody thing off the wall with a crowbar and fitting a new one. Sickening thing is that its only 7 weeks out of warranty.

Sponsored Links
its a compact....stripped fan completely out of boile so i could remove venturi. cleaned it under tap and used servicing brush to make sure it was spotless.

Very fine thread . . .

Am having similar intermittent troubles with my Vokera which has been great but is a year out of warranty.

If you're still watching, did you ever find out the cause of your symptoms ?

Cheers

it was excessive sludge build up in heat exchanger and had actually corroded it internally which was almost unbelievable as it wasnt very old at all.......vokera replaced it free of charge even outside warranty which makes me suspect it could be a fault/poor manufacture of the part.....hope this helps........by the way , in case u are thinking of doing it yourself i wouldnt bother......the vokera engineer took 4 hours and said it was a nightmare.

Vokera come with a good reputation for reliability and customer service. If you live in South East of Scotland-customer service is non existent-we have spent numerous days waiting for: no show engineers/engineers who are rude/engineers who are incompetent (and have subsequently been sacked)/ Engineers to fix the problem (but 4 hours later it has recurred)/ customer services staff telling us that the problem isnt the boiler-its the wind or even better-its because the water is running uphill back into the boiler and causing the problem.

Vokera compact 29 has leaked it has depressurised it has leaked it has stopped working it has persistently stopped working. Parts keep breaking and requiring replaced. We would recommend AGAINST getting this boiler or indeed dealing with this company. Everybody we know who has had a vokera boiler has had problems with it-within the first 6 months-regardless of the actual boiler installed

Vokera come with a good reputation for reliability and customer service. If you live in South East of Scotland-customer service is non existent-we have spent numerous days waiting for: no show engineers/engineers who are rude/engineers who are incompetent (and have subsequently been sacked)/ Engineers to fix the problem (but 4 hours later it has recurred)/ customer services staff telling us that the problem isnt the boiler-its the wind or even better-its because the water is running uphill back into the boiler and causing the problem.

Vokera compact 29 has leaked it has depressurised it has leaked it has stopped working it has persistently stopped working. Parts keep breaking and requiring replaced. We would recommend AGAINST getting this boiler or indeed dealing with this company. Everybody we know who has had a vokera boiler has had problems with it-within the first 6 months-regardless of the actual boiler installed

Old thread but thought I would add..

Worked on lots of vokeras, mainly older ones, they're a damn sight better than most others in the same price bracket.
I have a compact 29 he, been in for 3 years now, not one fault. Probably due to the fact I installed it myself and know I didn't cut corners with installation, ie properly flushed system, majority of boiler faults I attend are essentially related to poor installation practice, usually cheapest quote won and then customers start complaining when things break down...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back