Vokera 726 fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

some months ago posted about a fault my boiler was showing (vokera linea 726) It just worked when i turned it on again before but has now gone again.

It shows code 06 and flashes red light. Full reset (i.e unplug and leave for bit and plug in again) does not clear it.

Can anyone point out what code 06 is?

After full re-set its showing like a 60 in the LED display but the bottom of the 0 is missing, guess like 6n really.

All advice appreciated.

PS. Boiler is only 18 months old and was a new install (so new rads pipe work etc so should not be dirty or corroded as yet)

Sponsored Links
You say the boiler was installed just 18 months ago. Didn't the installer give you the Manufacturer's Istructions? These will explain what the fault codes are.

Sponsored Links
have already looked there, but did look again just now, does not seem to be availabe.

Only tech info there is specs for the models of boiler.

You really need the MIs, so I guess that means calling Vokera and asking them to send you a copy. Only a Vokera expert or a fool would proceed without at least the fault finding section of the MIs.

Further to above, tried it again today (just been ignoring it so far)
It switched on with green light for few seconds then it made what i would call a relay/solenoid related clicky on off few times and reverted to redcode 06.

Any help or anyone able to tell me what the code means much appreciated.

Right found out whats what with the Vokera fault code.

Apparantly 06 means DHW (direct hot water?) thermistor is open circuit.

As im a trained electronics engineer is this the sort of thing i can replace myself?

Yes, it's normally very simple.

Assuming you now have a copy of the MIs, the procedure should be described in the Parts Replacement section. But first check that the cable to the DHW (domestic hot water) thermistor is properly attached - it may just be a bad connection. You can also check the resistance of the existing thermistor, before finding a replacement.

you may also find that the DHW and CH (central heating) thermistors are identical - look at the part numbers in the Spares section of MI - in which case you could double check the fault by cross connecting the two. The fault should then show up as CH thermistor open circuit.

If the thermistors are just clipped onto the pipes, you could easily swap them over, but if the thermistors penetrate the waterways you will have to drain down the relevant pipes - easy for the DHW side but fiddly on CH side.

To get spare thermistors (water temperature sensors) at reasonable cost try this - www.bes.ltd.uk - search for water temperature sensors.

If you don't have the MI for this then I do!
Put your email address in your profile and post back here, then I will send them on

thanks mate,

Changed over the wiring as suggested, really quite an easy job :)

Yes code changed to 07 (CH thermistor Open)

So will order a new one tomorrow :)

Will let you know how it goes :)

Most NTC faults are just going o/c.

I dont remember the usual Vokera NTC resistance but its probably 11 K at room temp. If not then 1 K.

VERY occasionally it can be the wrong value but this is not sensed by the fault diagnostics and just makes the boiler do something stupid.

A quick check is to replace the thermistor by a 10K pot in series with 2 K to simulate the NTC but remember it will not be controling the boiler temperature so is not recommended for hacking the boiler to have a shower!

I think its a wet ntc so unless the replacement has a rubber "O" ring you will need some PTFE tape to seal the threads.

Any problem let us know. A better place to get the replacement quickly is by calling personally at a Parts Centre or Time and Temperature.

Tony Glazier

Hi Slugbabydotcom

I dont have the MI, would appreciate if you could send, my email addy is in profile but just in case it

set out like that to hopefully lessen spam, you know what it means im sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back