Vokera Compact Boiler/RC05 Remote Control/RMC1

there is a wiring harness inside pcb cover that links connector block M6 to timeclock

remove this harness (with the power supply to boiler turned off!) from M6 and timeclock. do not remove clock from boiler

you now have 4 empty spaces on the M6 connector block

the blue one goes to the NEUTRAL on the Salus receiver
the brown one goes to the LIVE on the Salus receiver
any black one goes to COM on the Salus receiver
other black one goes to NO on the Salus receiver

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone has given me this far!

Eventually took the plunge and ordered the Honeywell CMT927 RF to use as programme/thermostat with my Vokera Compact 25HE.

So - now looking for some idiot proof instructions for installing the CMT927 to the Vokera compact... anyone who can help? (I think my previous posts prove I am, in fact, an idiot!!).

Thanks again!

there is a wiring harness inside pcb cover that links connector block M6 to timeclock

remove this harness (with the power supply to boiler turned off!) from M6 and timeclock. do not remove clock from boiler

the blue one goes to the NEUTRAL on cmt receiver
the brown one goes to the LIVE on the cmt receiver
any black one goes to A on the cmt receiver
other black one goes to B on the cmt receiver

So,

The Honeywell Wireless Thermostat arrived. And I followed the instructions that we were given and, without any problems, had the wireless thermostat up and running within 10 - 20 minutes. Wow!

So - now have a wireless thermostat, where the original Vokera model was wired. And, got the Honeywell unit for around half the price of the faulty Vokera unit. All Good!

Thanks very much for all the advice we were given, and of course for the instructions!

I did happen to relay the story to a relative who then informed me they had an old model boiler but have never had a thermostat or control unit. I did look at the model of boiler - think it was a Vokera Excell (?) - didnt write it down and now not sure. So, at the risk of pushing my luck, can anyonw advise whether theres a similar thermostat/control unit on the market that would be compatible with this older boiler? Or would it be a huge problem to try and arrange something similar for my old Aunt?

Thanks!

Scottie

Sponsored Links
the same unit you fitted to your vokera, will fit into your relatives

just trace wiring going to the clock in the Excell. a live a neutral and 2 switch wires

and transpose to the receiver

the thanks button is top right ;)

glasgowgas,

I hit the thanks button! I really appreciate all of your help! Before you started offering advice, I was getting nowhere with all the Vokera stuff and the faulty unit i had - and couldnt find anyone to offer alternatives. So, greatly appreciate all your advice up until now.

Re: relatives boiler and thermostat - I will have a word with them and hopefully get that sorted. Then, wont tell another soul the story of my thermostat etc!

Scottie

have found that manufacturers sometimes try to distance themselves from faulty products, the old "take it back to your supplier" malarkey!!

thats what the forum is for, helping diyers with practical advice

i promise you, you will see a difference in your gas bills pretty shortly, and for that reason, can only urge you to get one fitted for your aunt

and well done on fitting it yourself

Hi Sorry to resurrect this old post but I just found it and its my situation.Same boiler vokera he 25 and same remote the sunvic tlx rfp .I understand the wiring procedure but am confused as to whether this has to be connected on the volt free side.It says in the boiler instructions that wired room thermo must be volt free ,but makes no mention if you are using a remote programmer and rather than chancing it I would value someones opinion who knows the answer.
Many thanks

the blue one goes to the NEUTRAL on the Salus receiver
the brown one goes to the LIVE on the Salus receiver
any black one goes to COM on the Salus receiver
other black one goes to NO on the Salus receiver

Sorry for highjacking a previous post but this was nearest i could find to the information i'm looking for.

Have went on ur advice here glasgowgas and bought the Salus rt500rf for a newly fitted Vokera compact 29HE, which at the moment just has the factory fitted clock for basic operation on the boiler and a pain when ur wanting to advance heating/change times/program etc.

So was just wondering if what u were basically saying here is disconnect the factory fitted clock and use these terminals for the Salus receiver. I am an electrician so this is straight forward enough but was wondering if i have to do anymore at the boiler end like having it permanently on or will the rt500rf do this for me

Thx in advance!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back