Vokera Compact HE boiler taking ages to ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all as the title says I have an issue with my boiler taking ages to ignite with either the heating or hot water. I’ve gone through the fault finding on the service manual and want to check with you guys before I spend a bit of money.

At start up the fan runs and the air pressure switche is getting 24Vdc back to the PCB, terminal CN8.4 and CN8.5, so that is ok then according to the manual I should be getting 230Vac at terminals CN6.1 and CN6.2 for the spark electrode. With the sparker connection removed I am only getting 50-60Vac. My guess is I need a new ignition board, would you agree?

Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
Hi all as the title says I have an issue with my boiler taking ages to ignite with either the heating or hot water. I’ve gone through the fault finding on the service manual and want to check with you guys before I spend a bit of money.

At start up the fan runs and the air pressure switche is getting 24Vdc back to the PCB, terminal CN8.4 and CN8.5, so that is ok then according to the manual I should be getting 230Vac at terminals CN6.1 and CN6.2 for the spark electrode. With the sparker connection removed I am only getting 50-60Vac. My guess is I need a new ignition board, would you agree?

Thanks in advance for your help
If only it was that simple.No,I do not agree at all.

Sponsored Links
I will do if its gas related or in the combustion chamber. Just confused as to any in not getting what the book says i should
You should even be taking the cover off,never mind combustion chamber

do you actually have an ign pcb ? some do some dont if the boards are green you will have an ign PCB if red then you probably wont (still possible though )

do you actually have an ign pcb ? some do some dont if the boards are green you will have an ign PCB if red then you probably wont (still possible though )
The main pcb is green with a red board on the side that is the ignition pcb according to the manual.

yes the ign board can be red , green or beige, the normal fault with them is intermittent ign lockout not what you are describing, doesnt mean it is not that, but if you have a red ign PCB that means that it has been replaced at sometime it never came with that set up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back