Vokera Condensate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I recently had a Vokera Syntesi 35 HE boiler fitted as part of my house renovation and at the moment it only runs 2 radiators and the hot water.The condensate tube sits in a bucket until the rest of the plumbing is done.My question is why is there no condensate? Nothing,not a drop,though I had no idea what to expect.Any information appreciated.

Sponsored Links
if the boiler is running then you would expect condensate in the bucket. how long has it been running? it will need to fill the syphon/trap but that shouldnt take long.

on a more alarming note i thought a condensate drain terminated inside a house was classed as immediately dangerous?

Most combis do not condense when on hot water. As you only have 2 rads connected at the moment I would think the boiler is probably running just on/off rather than modulating down and condensing.

Strange not even a drop coming out though.

If no condense coming out then I would agree with nickso that it is ID as you could just have an open pipe to the products of combustion :eek:

Sponsored Links
thank's for replies.The guy who fitted the boiler said that it would be ok to run the condensate into a bucket until I get my kitchen done and all the waste plumbing is changed,otherwise my kitchen is trashed too soon and the guy has a lot of hassle just to fit a waste pipe.Just another question though,if there is no condensate coming out the pipe should I be worried that the boiler is defective or that the condensate is going somewhere else? Thank's again in anticipation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back