vokera excell 80sp-Hot water issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is a vokera excell 80sp. I am having hot water issues. Firstly the hot water would last for approx 20-30 seconds before going cold and it it wouldn't get hot again.

If I was to turn the tap on again five minutes later the process would repeat itself. This the stopped and to get hot water I had to turn the heating onto max and as the boiler fired to heat the radiators I could get hot water.

This too can be temperamental. The pilot light is lit and hasn't gone out during any of these periods.

I have taken the front cover off the boiler to investigate and I can see that the metal arm is moving out of the diaphragm housing when the hot water tap is tuned on and the boiler is still not firing up, I have tried to pull lightly on the metal arm but there is no further movement to be had.

Any ideas to what the issue could be, part cost, or budget to get repaired?

Sponsored Links
Possibly the pump proving diaphram.

Not expensive, but the screws have a lovely tendency to make a beeline for the cracks in the floor boards behind the kitchen units.

However, there could be other causes and I'm too hungover to think further.

It is very difficult to guess exactly what your problem is as there are several possibilities.

But in case it is of any help to you I charge £106 in my local area to the replace the diaphragm and check the boiler operation and gas settings on your boiler model.

Tony

OP, if you indicated where you live, you might get some regulars here to attend to the issue.

If the problem is what I suspect it is, then have to say your boiler has been neglected as proper service has not been carried out.

Sponsored Links
OP, if you indicated where you live, you might get some regulars here to attend to the issue.

If the problem is what I suspect it is, then have to say your boiler has been neglected as proper service has not been carried out.

I am in the Brighton area DP- Good call.

What are your suspicions?

He has said that he is retiring.

Otherwise there is someone called Matt who knows what he is doing too.

Tony

He has said that he is retiring.

Otherwise there is someone called Matt who knows what he is doing too.

Tony

Good news he is still working and hopefully it will all be fixed this week. Thanks for everyone's help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back