Vokera Excell 80sp not firing up after replacing radiator.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I emptied the system in my flat to replace a radiator. Once I was done with that I refilled the system and bled the radiators and the pump. I tried firing up the boiler but it didn't ignite despite the pilot light being on. A few things:

• Pump is working
  • Fan is working
  • It took me a while to get the pilot light on
  • Pressure is sitting at ~1.5 bar
What should I look at next? I'm a bit bamboozled.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
the grey button that you pushed in and held when lighting the pilot, give that a gentle pull to make sure it is not stuck in .

Sponsored Links
Hello, thanks for the response. I had a go at pulling the button out (it appeared to be out anyway) and it didn't make any difference. I gave the injector, electrode and thermocouple a clean but that didn't help with the main burner coming on, but it did help the pilot light, which has a nice blue flame now. Anyone got any other ideas?

Yep, don't play with anything else in there and get a GSR engineer in (y)

You're getting into areas of the boiler that only a gas safe registered engineer should be in.

as madrab says .working inside the boiler is only gsr engineers . the only advice that can be given here is things you can do .are you sure the pressure gauge is giving accurate system pressure reading ?

Yeah, I'm not going to touch anything else in there. I just saw the flame was a bit yellow and lacking oxygen so I thought I'd clean the nozzle.

I can't be 100% certain that it is giving the correct pressure reading without attaching a gauge but the system is definitely pressurised. When I bleed the radiators there is enough pressure to spray stuff next to the radiator and have my girlfriend shout at me.

It is awkward for me to see into the window where the pilot light (boiler sits in an awkward palce) is but I've managed to get an angle that I can see everything and I notice the boiler does fire up and then switches off after a second.

you need an engineer for sure.

=======================
Alert for "gas work" reported.
We don't give advice on gas related matters system but system air/water/flow problems are ok.
Mod
========================

Last edited by a moderator:
Try venting the pump, there is a large screw head on the front of the pump, slacken this until water comes out then close it, you might need to do this a few times, put a small towel or rag below the pump head to catch the water .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back