1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Vokera Excell 80SP -Pilot Light goes out when boiler switched on

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by jack_s, 20 Oct 2019.

1. jack_s

jack_s

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a Vokera Excell 80SP boiler, the Pilot Light keeps going out when I switch boiler on.

I can light the Pilot Light when boiler is switched Off, Mode switch at 0. and it stays lit.
    The Pilot Light stays on with boiler switched Off, that is Mode switch at 0. Off position.

The Pilot Light goes out and Gas Control knob pops out after ~20 sec, when I switch the boiler On, that is I switch Mode switch to I. Hot Water or II. Central Heating position.

If I try to relight Pilot, it lights & stays lit while I push & hold Gas Control Knob in.
    When I release, Gas Control knob does not stay in, Pilot Light goes out again immediately.

Any ideas what the problem is ?

Thanks

2. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Your boiler needs serviced by someone who knows the boiler and they need to check that the fan low and high speeds are operating correctly

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. jack_s

jack_s

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Could it be anything to do with Thermcouple next to pilot light ?

Thermocouple is next to pilot light and connected to gas valve.

5. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    yes I know where the thermocouple is, if it a genuine Vokera thermocouple it is unlikely that but if someone has fitted a universal thermocouple it could well be that

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links