Vokera Linea 24 02 overheating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice on a 8yr old Vokera linea 24 with a strange overheating problem.

When The DHW is turned on the boiler ignites but the flame kind of pluses but start to heat the water up, Then the system locks out on the e02 error.

We had it serviced and explained this to the engineer he tested everything and suggested it was either the DHW stat or the safety stat. I got both replaced and both parts tested with a meter and seem to be ok but the fault is still there with the boiler.

If I turn the hot water knob down low so the water is only 45deg max we seem to get away with the boiler not heating but if we want it any higher after a few mins running it gives the e02 error.

Another problem I have noticed lately when I put it back to reset after a fault, then try to turn It onto hot water I get a clicking\ticking noise as the flames trys to ignite the boiler seems to power down (LED and numbers off) then goes through this again until finally its working.

I hear the ticking noise for a while while I run the hot water and watch the flames seem to pulse as it goes up to temp, The noise eventually goes away its self.

I am not sure what else to do with this as it looked like a faulty DHW stat would have been the cause but replacing it didn't solve the overheating.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is not 8 years old, it is a lot older than that, sounds like the main PCB but without seeing it couldnt be sure , 02 means lack of circulation, so you are looking at a restriction or poor pump, not the thermistors , they have their own code 06 and 07, under your boiler you have a three way valve with a black handle, it will be in the 12 oclock position, run a hot tap and watch the display, the second the boiler cuts out turn the valve to the 9 oclock position and the temp display will change come back and tell us what it changed to

Hi thanks for the reply , 8 years since we moved in couldn't see an actual install date.

When I went to turn the water on the boiler starts to heat then cuts out 3-4 times just blanks screen then back on instantly (tried the valve to the 9 nothing comes on screen just back to what ever temp the water is at)

When it cut out the led was at 50 as soon as 02 flashed I closed the valve and the screen said 92 then just 02 flashing, takes a while to reset the boiler as any time I turn it from reset to HW its still flashing 02.

Reading online info from the vokera manuals 02 seems to be boiler overheat lockout?

Thanks

Looking for some advice on a 8yr old Vokera linea 24 with a strange overheating problem.

When The DHW is turned on the boiler ignites but the flame kind of pluses but start to heat the water up, Then the system locks out on the e02 error.

We had it serviced and explained this to the engineer he tested everything and suggested it was either the DHW stat or the safety stat. I got both replaced

I have a Linea 28.

I once found an eBay seller selling boiler spare parts. Their listing for this boiler’s over-temp thermostat (not thermistor; the one that attaches to the pipe from the main hex to the right of the combustion chamber that is just on/off) has a comment from a purchaser saying: “This is the wrong part, it is supposed to be a 110 degree stat but this is 85 degrees”. Do you, by any chance, have this wrong part? I bet there is a whole batch of them out there. (I think this is the component that results in the 02 code.)

(Ian, can you check if it is supposed to be 110 or 85? The documents I’ve seen don’t say.)

Edit: 102, not 110.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi thanks the one I received says its for my boiler I think its an 85deg.

Thanks

I have a Linea 28.

I once found an eBay seller selling boiler spare parts. Their listing for this boiler’s over-temp thermostat (not thermistor; the one that attaches to the pipe from the main hex to the right of the combustion chamber that is just on/off) has a comment from a purchaser saying: “This is the wrong part, it is supposed to be a 110 degree stat but this is 85 degrees”. Do you, by any chance, have this wrong part? I bet there is a whole batch of them out there. (I think this is the component that results in the 02 code.)

(Ian, can you check if it is supposed to be 110 or 85? The documents I’ve seen don’t say.)

Hi thanks for the info. I dont think it is a problem with the safety stat as it does cut out when It hits the high temps with both the original and new stat. Really not sure what the problem is just seems that the boilers heats up the water real fast and gets to hot on the water output.

Hi thanks for the reply , 8 years since we moved in couldn't see an actual install date.

When I went to turn the water on the boiler starts to heat then cuts out 3-4 times just blanks screen then back on instantly (tried the valve to the 9 nothing comes on screen just back to what ever temp the water is at)

When it cut out the led was at 50 as soon as 02 flashed I closed the valve and the screen said 92 then just 02 flashing, takes a while to reset the boiler as any time I turn it from reset to HW its still flashing 02.

Reading online info from the vokera manuals 02 seems to be boiler overheat lockout?

Thanks
OK here is what is happening, the reason I asked you to do that is when the boiler is running the display shows you whet the temp of the Domestic (tap ) water is, when the boiler cuts out and you turn the valve to the 9 oclock position the boiler now displays the temp of the water in the boiler and at 92 deg the hi limit stat has activated, either you have a blocked plate heat exchanger or the non-return valve in the plate heat exchanger has disintegrated , neither a huge job for a decent engineer to sort for you

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks both of you.

Ok update on whats is happening. The Safety thermostat should be 102deg as I went and picked up a genuine vokera part today so any one in future looking for what type you order. This sorted the e02 error as now when the boiler is working it dosnt trip out on the overheat.

Now I still have a problem when the that seems to be worse when the boiler hasn't been used in a while, I would say like when it cools down.
When I turn on the hot tap the boiler starts to fire up with the clicking noise then cuts out no real error just the led and screen go blank then back on. this can happen for 4-5 times with the water on still trying to heat up. Eventually the boiler will stay ignited and heat the water up but still sounds as if the flame is pulsing.

I have a video of it happening if anyone has seen this fault before. Some times I have seen the screen display still like h-h or r9 or 7.0 if that helps identify anything.

https://streamable.com/t5cgqo

Thanks

In the video you’re running the boiler with the front off the combustion chamber. That may disrupt the air flow, I.e. whatever is measured by the flue/fan pressure switch, causing it to reset itself. In any case, you should”t open that part of the boiler.

Thanks for confirming that the overheat stat is supposed to be 102 degrees.

That boiler is a t least 20 years old , not 8 years old, you have the compensation tube disconnected and you have the old style piggy back ignition board, you need an engineer that knows this boiler, you are farting in the wind lad

Thanks, With the combustion chamber on it does the exact same thing. The compensation tube I didn't realize was disconnected.
I think its time to get someone out to look at it hopefully someone in the Glasgow area has experience.

Thanks for the replys

Thanks, With the combustion chamber on it does the exact same thing. The compensation tube I didn't realize was disconnected.
I think its time to get someone out to look at it hopefully someone in the Glasgow area has experience.

Thanks for the replys
There are loads of us that cover the Glasgow area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back