vokera linea 24 automatic air release valve leaking water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
automatic air release valve leaking water ..... it was replaced two years ago along with expansion vessel...with second hand parts off the same boiler i had for spares . i noticed a rad wasnt getting hot so bled it waited and represurised to 1 bar put heating on and pressure rose to 1.5 it never normaly does this i seem to remember it doing much the same last time ..... my main question is im going to order a new release valve but if the expansion vessel is kippered again can i just put an external one underneath the boiler and pipe it in as i have to unmount the boiler as there isnt enough room above to get the original one out live on my own and nobody to help lift it plus an external is like a third of the price

Sponsored Links
Yes external expansion vessel is fine put it on the return. A lot cheaper than the internal expansion vessels.
Have you pumped up the existing expansion vessel? Release the pressure in the system and pump the old expansion vessel up to about 1bar with a foot pump. Refill system.
Most of the time they fail by the little tyre valve on the expansion vessel about 50p to replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back