Vokera linea 24 boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recentley had problems with high pressure on the central heating system, the air pressure in the expantion vessal was just above 1 bar which I thought was ok but this was with water in the system, so I replaced the prv valve, plus a none return valve on the flow service valve, cleaned out the flexi pipe on the bottom of the pressure vessal, filled up system and switched on, I now find that the pressure never goes above 2bar and when the systems cold it reads 1.2bar is this differance of .8bar ok or do I still have a problem.
Thanks in advance Mick

Sponsored Links
thanx for the quick reply, I would like to fit an external pressure vessal for easiar maintanace,do I just pipe it in to the return, and do I have to remove the old pv system or just blank it off.

If its running at those pressures then that's ok. Leave it alone

If you insist on fitting an external vessel then don't do anything with the existing vessel and install external vessel as near to the boiler as possible.

Did you recharge the existing vessel correctly ?

Sponsored Links
I realise now I need to drain the system to check pressure correctly, but now I know the running pressures are ok I think I will leave well alone,and only fit the external pv if nessesary.

Good call.

I have the same boiler and she never lets me down.
Would love to put something more modern and efficient in, but I just don't need to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back