Vokera Linea 24 - CH not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I am currently having great difficulty in firing up the central heating from a Voker Linea 24. Everything on the boiler indicates that it is working correctly and I am able to get continuos hot water. However, the central heating does not fire up at all. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem?

Any advice would be great!

Sponsored Links
when you turn the middle selector switch into the central (boiler off) position does the green light go out?

I can't remember of the top of my head, as I am not at the property at the moment! If it is working correctly, what should it be lit?

Hi There,

I checked what you said about the light being on when the boiler is in the off/set position and i can confirm that the light is not on!

Sponsored Links
could be the selector switch (middle control knob) has broken and is stuck in hot water mode. has heating been on before switch was touched?

I'm not sure as I have only recently moved into the property! How easy would it be to check if that is the case?

I have now been able to get the central heating working, although only by using the override button. I have also made sure that there is no air in any of the rads. The only thing I have not been able to do is check the air relase value in the boiler as I don't know where it is! Does any one have any ideas

Removing non existant air from system appears to be a pastime for many householders.

If a radiator has air in it, it obviously will collect at the top. As this posket of air get larger, top of the radiator will stay cold. Bottom rib will now be hot as the water passes straight through the radiator.

If the radiator is hot at the top, leave it well alone, Any fresh water entering the system will ultimately shorten system lifespan.

Internal boiler components should be left well alone for a competent heating engineer to deal with. Mains voltage and water do not mix. Unless you know what is where and how it operates, seek proffessional help.

Walshie said:
could be the selector switch (middle control knob) has broken and is stuck in hot water mode.

no, it couldn't be. In the reply above yours it's stated that when the switch is in the midle position the green light is off. If the switch was knackered it would be on!

DP said:
Removing non existant air from system appears to be a pastime for many householders.

or changing the thermocouple first before asking for help!!!!!!

Try jumpleads from your car, make dure you pull em off immediatley it starts or it might blow your dynamo.

Thanks for the useful advice!! I have had heating engineer to have a look at the problem, and he thinks that is could be 1 of 2 things.

1. The Mainboard has "Gone" OR
2. One of the "Stats" has gone!

He said that there are a couple of checks he can do to determine this, but as I am not an expert in this field I do not really know what the costs would be for fixing or replacing either of these. I would be grateful if anyone has an indication of the costs so I have a rough idea before I speak with him next.

:confused: What was the result as i'm having similar problems :confused:

I am currently having great difficulty in firing up the central heating from a Voker Linea 24. Everything on the boiler indicates that it is working correctly and I am able to get continuos hot water. However, the central heating does not fire up at all.

Fire the 'engineer'. He is taking through a hole in his head.

Get a proper engineer. Check his CORGI card first. Almost certain it is not the stats or the PCB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back