Vokera linea 24 heating not working. Very cold!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya
My vokera linea 24 fitted in 1999 keeps giving me a lockout code of 01. I can get it to ignite wth difficulty (takes many, many attempts). I can get a bathful of water, but when I turn the taps off the boiler dies.
Both hot water and central heating have been functioning intermittently for the last couiple of months, but they behaved better in the recent cold snap!!! though its still been been cutting out during the night.
From this morning the central heating cuts out when the display reaches 60 celsius and will not fire up at all though hot water is still functioning. Just.

If the central heating does go on then as soon as it reaches temperature on the room thermostat then the boiler dies giving the usual 01 error code (failure to ignite - though i think this masks a lot of other possible faults).

Sometimes it ignites but the central heating burners won't catch although the hw does sometimes work. Basically sometimes bits of it work but it takes a lot to get it to this stage.

My friend had a quick look and went through the flowchart in the book and suspected it could be the three way valve?? Also the air vent on top of the pump is very rusty. When we took the cover screw off the pump there was a thin stream of water jetting out. Are these normal?

Please help, because I'm still jobsearching, in debt, cold and desperate and I just can't afford to call out a plumber.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
with respect, if you cant afford to call a plumber, you will not be able to afford the amount reqd for the part needed

You rather remind me of when I was called out by this pretty, well spoken young girl in Coventry who wanted the boiler repaired.

She was squatting in a boarded up house and seriously seemed to expect that I would come out, mend her boiler and bypass the gas meter all for free!

I did come out for free though and showed no anger but calmly said that if she could save up the diagnostic fee then I would sort out the boiler but she would have to cantact the gas co to get the supply reinstated. I never saw her again.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back